Tyre Repair Kits
Just wondering what puncture repair kits people are using and how much under-seat space do they use???
I've got a Cargol Turn n' Go kit. It's a key type plug that you screw in a snap off.
Cost was $60. Comes with 4 repairs and 4 air cylinders, chalk, pliers etc...
I carry 2 repairs with me and packs up to about the size of a sunglass case.
Cheers Bikerboy
Good kit use them myself and also have one for sale. $55 to your door.
(23-02-2010, 07:04pm)fasterfaster Wrote: Good kit use them myself and also have one for sale. $55 to your door.
Will grab it Pete if you havn't sold already !!!!!
Cargol are shit, had one and they dont seal properly.Better off with the sticky string type such as the XTech kit available for about $50 from MCAS
(24-02-2010, 01:05pm)bioDog Wrote: Cargol are shit, had one and they dont seal properly.Better off with the sticky string type such as the XTech kit available for about $50 from MCAS

I repaired three (nail in tyre) punctures with the Cargol kit and have had no problems since.
Thanks for the input guys...have now purchased Cargol kit from Fasterfaster (thanks Pete)
I read about cargol in AMCN, and they bagged it.
It seems that it works really well, however not for all puncture types.
Cargol are shit, had one and they dont seal properly
More info regards the statement would be good ?

Have used and had no problem also Idiot2 The repair also should not destroy more tyre cords in the process of the repair .................. The repair is a temp fix to get you home only Knuppel2
Not for 300 K runs after the repair Pi_freak
(24-02-2010, 07:02pm)fasterfaster Wrote: Not for 300 K runs after the repair Pi_freak

Umm bugger Pi_tongue
(24-02-2010, 07:02pm)fasterfaster Wrote: Cargol are shit, had one and they dont seal properly
More info regards the statement would be good ?

Have used and had no problem also Idiot2 The repair also should not destroy more tyre cords in the process of the repair .................. The repair is a temp fix to get you home only Knuppel2
Not for 300 K runs after the repair Pi_freak

Removed a small staple sized piece of steel, installed cargol, inflated tyre tyre, continued to leak straight away. If it does not seal with such a small puncture as this then yes, no matter how many smilies you use, I will say they are shit. The other type sealed it perfectly.
One Bad Cargol dont make them all shit I have used the sticky string type as well with some that fail but still used them
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Do what the bush mechanics did stuff the trye with spinefex and dried grass...works great and free to boot!!!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Clap
Kits on there way ................ let us know what you think ?