Interesting P.I. facts & WSBK
All good stuff ................... all they need to do now is restore the social atmosphere of about ten years ago that was destroyed by over enforcement of the rules .................. (any that have been going to the Island for the last 10 or so years will know of what I speak)

One positive is at least the track amenities have improved although a long way to go before they meet world standards IMHO
agree totally Pete,

I hadn't been to supers before and everybody kept telling me it was WAY better than GP but I got there a few years ago and..............
IMHO GP atmosphere was far better to everybody's shock and horrorScary

On questioning most people were referring to WSBK at least five years ago!

Based on the GP & Supers I have attended in the last few years I would have to pick GP.
Oh yeah......

......bring back all of the REAL entertainment at the island
.....wheelies up the main street of CowesSmitten, burn-outs in front of the pubDrool, naked pole-climbingBoobies4Pi_thumbsup........ahhhhhh, those were the (good ol') days !! (oh, and the racing wasn't too shabby, either!!)

Coolsmiley
(26-02-2010, 10:59am)bazman Wrote: Oh yeah......

.....wheelies up the main street of CowesSmitten, burn-outs in front of the pubDrool, naked pole-climbingBoobies4Pi_thumbsup........ahhhhhh, those were the (good ol') days !! (oh, and the racing wasn't too shabby, either!!)

Coolsmiley

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh good to see you remember the "ISLAND" when it was legendary and also experienced it Bazman Pi_thumbsup
The best you can expect now is Boris & the bikeme boys at the Euphoria Gallery Cafe in the main drag shouting "show us yaBoobies4"

Odd burnout followed by a flashing blue and white boy, and horse shit from all the coppers horses!Lol2

Josh Brookes in free practice, disappointed in the bike, Echo CMC Honda, less than a second faster than what he could do on a supersport! can't wait to get back on his HM Plant Honda in BSB. Thanks Tony @ Island Images for sending these through last night when he got back from track, you rock dude.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(26-02-2010, 07:52pm)fasterfaster Wrote:
(26-02-2010, 10:59am)bazman Wrote: Oh yeah......

.....wheelies up the main street of Cowes burn-outs in front of the pubDrool, naked pole-climbingBoobies4Pi_thumbsup........ahhhhhh, those were the (good ol') days !! (oh, and the racing wasn't too shabby, either!!)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh good to see you remember the "ISLAND" when it was legendary and also experienced it Bazman Pi_thumbsup

Lol2 Ha,ha, Pete, U & the Bazzman are showing ur age!!, oh shit! it's slowly coming back to me, I vaguely remember those day's, faark this Alzheimers, I forget everything!!Lol2

They were the Memorable day's, unfortunatly, NO longer, as the beaurocrats slowly tighten their strangle hold and with the help of the fun police take away the great atmosphere that us oldies once enjoyed!.

Cheers,
Tex & Bundy
Everybody dies, not Everybody lives !!
There is no substitute for grunt !!
Every boy needs more than one toy !!

Quote:Josh Brookes in free practice, disappointed in the bike

tell Josh we can always loan him a Busa , that will f*** em , a long straight at PI too ! Lol2
Sorry I never got to the Island back in the "good old days"

Went to Bathurst in '83 and '85 (2 years with the big riots)

Sounds like PI was way more fun!!

Was out at the track done there last Monday. It was all go with everything being bumped in, and some of the guys testing.
Unfortunately I was running a tour, so the penguins and seals featured more of my time than the track. The Ohlins shared our Motel though - said gidday to one, but he was obviously totally deaf, or totally up himself!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
ClapClapClapClap

How good was Superpole today, go the newbies!, up for exciting season for sure!
(27-02-2010, 07:03pm)Ward P Wrote: The Ohlins shared our Motel though - said gidday to one, but he was obviously totally deaf, or totally up himself!

Yeah, ya got got that right, Ward.....Pi_thumbsup
we shared the "Tropicana" with them two years back......and apart from one or two of them.....the rest were a bunch of stuck-up a/holes!!! Pi_thumbsdown
newsflash >>>>> earth to Ohlins technicians......u are support staff....u are NOT racers......so get off ur f*ckin' high horse, coz no-one is gonna kiss ur arse like ur obviously expectin' (or hopin') them to !!!! (sheeshConfused)

Coolsmiley
Ah the good old days burnouts at the front of the Isle with cops watching and no problems it was great fun.

Now it's way over policed.
When down on sat and just got over the bridge at Sanremo and the Cops are pulling over every bike (no cars) for licence and bike checks.
And saw three pullled over on the way down.

Fuckem might just have to watch it on tv.