can anyone help?
hi guys,have a small crack appear on LH side flair (black/ grey) bugs me to know its there,you know the feeling.can anyone point out if cheaper to repair and where ?or buy a newy?thanks . <i></i>
I had a crack eminate from a screw hole for the windscreen on my Kawasaki. I removed the fairing and the local Kawasaki dealer got a local firm in Canberra to plastic weld it. All I had to do after that was repaint the area they needed to clean up before welding. Still going strong but I never did get around to repainting it. It's a lot cheaper than replacing.

Should be some one in Melbourne that does it. <i></i>
thanks for your response ,just wonder though how much approx with paint?
<i></i>
If its small you may be able to get it plastic welded on the inside without damaging the exterior but there would still be a mark in the paint.
Sometimes its cheaper to buy the correct coloured panel from a wreckers than repair and repaint (depends which wreckers) <i></i>
If funds are low at the moment or the repair bill is outrageous stop drill the crack. That is at the very end of the crack drill a small hole, say 1/16" - 1/8" diameter, this will stop the crack from travelling further.

Cheers Rich <i></i>
great tip -will give it a go-thanks <i></i>
Repairing and painting will almost certainly be cheaper. Buying new fairing is not nice on the old wallet. <i></i>