Hayabusa lowered
I had my Busa lowered today.

I got the front dropped about 1 inch and then had a Soupy's block riser installed, so I can ride in a slightly more upright position. It is a lot easier on my back!

The rear has has Soupy's turnbuckle-style lowering links installed.

The whole bike is now way closer to the ground. It feels like I'm sitting on a 600, with my feet now flat on the ground.

My only concern is that the rear may be a little bit too low, as the belly-pan scrapes over speedbumps, etc. I'm planning to fit a 190/55 tyre on the rear, which will return the Busa back to near it's stock height at the back, so that should sort out any scraping issues.

Overall, I haven't lost too much cornering clearance and the bike feels much more stable with a lower C.o.G. The handling seems to have become lighter, too.

Has anyone else lowered their weapon?
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
    LOW ENOUGH???
(15-03-2010, 06:51pm)bigjay Wrote: LOW ENOUGH???
So, you only ride in straight lines?
(15-03-2010, 07:49pm)Rainbow7 Wrote:
So, you only ride in straight lines?

yeah wheelspin and wheelies stop me from going around corners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah i love ridin mine low but i have an air ride so its adjustable with the flick of a switch.
(15-03-2010, 05:22pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: I had my Busa lowered today.

I got the front dropped about 1 inch and then had a Soupy's block riser installed, so I can ride in a slightly more upright position. It is a lot easier on my back!

The rear has has Soupy's turnbuckle-style lowering links installed.

The whole bike is now way closer to the ground. It feels like I'm sitting on a 600, with my feet now flat on the ground.

My only concern is that the rear may be a little bit too low, as the belly-pan scrapes over speedbumps, etc. I'm planning to fit a 190/55 tyre on the rear, which will return the Busa back to near it's stock height at the back, so that should sort out any scraping issues.

Overall, I haven't lost too much cornering clearance and the bike feels much more stable with a lower C.o.G. The handling seems to have become lighter, too.

Has anyone else lowered their weapon?

i dumped my BUSA 1" not a problem at all

That looks sweet. Drool
Wow! My bike feels soooo much better, now that it has been lowered. The lowering of it's C.o.G has made a huge difference.
Hello Rainbow7 ,I like your K9 .
I t's low and not to muts.

As a example.
This is what happens , if you Lowering.
Front 2 " with Custom Upper Plate
Rear 3" with Naarden Adjusteble links
[Image: DSC06762.jpg]

[Image: DSC07464.jpg]
[Image: DSC07465.jpg]
[Image: DSC07466.jpg]
[Image: DSC06761.jpg]
SORRY for my Bad englisch.
Greetings from The Netherlands , Kees.
Hayabusa is Fun,Fun is Dragrace
Speed on a Busa is also a Drug
(24-03-2010, 12:30am)Vanishing Point Wrote: Hello Rainbow7 ,I like your K9 .
I t's low and not to muts.

Dank je wel, Kees, but the K9 is not mine. I ride an '06. Your bike looks great! I'm thinking of getting the tail section of mine resprayed in blue, so it will look more like yours does.

Here a pic of my baby:

[Image: Bike1.jpg]

That was taken before she was lowered. Now I have to get a stainless-steel scrape-plate made for her, because she bottoms out going over the kerb...
heres a pic of mine, iv got air ride on the rear with lowering links and the front has also been lowered a lil...
[Image: OgZA0.jpg]

[Image: Ohq0A.jpg]

[Image: P24P0.jpg]
(28-03-2010, 09:06pm)hei57 Wrote: heres a pic of mine, iv got air ride on the rear with lowering links and the front has also been lowered a lil...
[Image: OgZA0.jpg]

[Image: Ohq0A.jpg]

[Image: P24P0.jpg]

Fantastic arse end.., on the Busa....