sports bike targeting by vic police
Interesting that in the latest motorcycle news YAMAHA Motors (Genuine Yamaha part not aftermarket) are advertising exhaust baffles that quieten the latest R1's by two decibels ? Idiot2 Does this imply they don't meet ADR ? Or are they worried that a purchaser may issue proceedings against them when and if his bike is confiscated Police due to an excessively loud off the show room floor STANDARD exhaust ?
Like all things ................... the ramifications flow onward indeed Pi_thumbsdown where it all will end is the worry ?
(10-04-2010, 07:32am)fasterfaster Wrote: Interesting that in the latest motorcycle news YAMAHA Motors (Genuine Yamaha part not aftermarket) are advertising exhaust baffles that quieten the latest R1's by two decibels ? Idiot2 Does this imply they don't meet ADR ? Or are they worried that a purchaser may issue proceedings against them when and if his bike is confiscated Police due to an excessively loud off the show room floor STANDARD exhaust ?
Like all things ................... the ramifications flow onward indeed Pi_thumbsdown where it all will end is the worry ?

Under Vic Law it is illegal to have a temporary baffle or any device fittted to any exhaust to help reduce the noise. I found that out last night while searching the EPA noise testing regulations etc...
Under Vic Law it is illegal to have a temporary baffle or any device fittted to any exhaust to help reduce the noise. I found that out last night while searching the EPA noise testing regulations etc...

thats just great, i have an appointment on monday to puta baffle into my alien head to quieten it down and to increase some back pressure

i actually lost a few hp when i changed from the acropovic to the brocks alien head
Another stupid law indeed. I don't get it. They want us to be quiter but you can't have a silencer installed. If it is a permanent fixed object it is legal though. They just can't be easily removable.
(10-04-2010, 06:26am)mia06 Wrote: looks like brissy is not the only place to advoid

has anyone thought of getting 500 signatures forming a political party so we sports bikes riders have a voice in parliment

the way the rudd goverment is going we probably would win by a landslide Lol3
Gday,
That's why I stated HOWEREVER (take note Kev in my post. Maybe Big Kev can throw in his 2 Bobs worth where it counts;
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=13133
You know, somtimes bitchin in the right direction does make a difference, soon with any luck, due to a lot of my bitchin, pissweak legislation against drink driving in this country may soon be a thing of the past-----don't hold ya breath. Polititions are good at sounding as though they give a shi*.Confused
Wonder if Hutt river province has speeding/noise laws?
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
i just got done 4 riding a motorbike with excessive noise $320 no points

but my busa is all stock he did not pull me over i got the fine in the mail
(23-03-2011, 07:15pm)kevin Wrote: i just got done 4 riding a motorbike with excessive noise $320 no points

but my busa is all stock he did not pull me over i got the fine in the mail

Forward it to SuzukI Australia . They may want to know they are selling Illegal motorcycles .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Yep...since Big Ted & Peter Ryan opened a large can of whuparse on em they've been going feral, now they are threatening strike action if they don't get a pay rise.

Always got a pay rise under the old union mate BracksyLol3
Just put your stock pipes back on for 6 months until this shit blows over.
It always doesPi_thumbsup
Never ride the A model of anything.
You can be done for excessive noise by the way you ride or drive a vehicle Pi_thumbsdown
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(09-04-2010, 08:30pm)BikerBoy Wrote: Just read a comment on another forum saying "How the f*** does having a Formula1 race around Melbourne for a week meet EPA Noise levels ?".

I was under the impression that the F1 organizers need to apply for a permit for the duration of the venue,plus you don't seriously think that the EPA is gonna chase an entity as big as the F1.......do ya???It's only us goldfish that have to take it in the arse with those laws,have you ever wondered why MC groups who allegedly are gangs hardly get pulled over,unless they do a blitz on them and than parade it all over the news to show that your tax dollars are working .......if you believe that,food for taught I say or just simply put that from some,maybe most of us,there is no retribution when pulled over but when a Hardly Moving Davidson is involved than there is a whole array of considerations especially when your name tag is on your chest on top of a blue shirt.Don't get me wrong if I was a copper and had the choice of pulling someone on a zx10 or an affiliated Harley guess which one I would pick!!!
(24-03-2011, 06:31am)1300hayabusa Wrote:
(09-04-2010, 08:30pm)BikerBoy Wrote: Just read a comment on another forum saying "How the f*** does having a Formula1 race around Melbourne for a week meet EPA Noise levels ?".

The F1 organizers need to apply for a permit for the duration of the venue,plus you don't seriously think that the EPA is gonna chase an entity as big as the F1.......do ya???

No Melbourne is doing a good enough job of f*&^ing this race up could be overseas soon Confused
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
What did it cost us last year-$20M instead of making vic money?? Get rid of it I say.
(10-04-2010, 06:26am)mia06 Wrote: looks like brissy is not the only place to advoid

has anyone thought of getting 500 signatures forming a political party so we sports bikes riders have a voice in parliment

the way the rudd goverment is going we probably would win by a landslide Lol3

I've found that in general, motorcycle riders are not organised enough to be effective in the political arena. Charity rides etc are a totally different story. The outward generosity explodes.

In my office I am on the "BUG" (Bicycle Users Group) email distribution. There is a Brisbane City BUG that has monthly meetings & have Gov & council speakers & they lobby hard for things they want. Things like getting the road rules changed to suit pushbikes etc. They are very professional & organised.

This is the sort of presence we need. I have tried contacting the QMRA (Qld Motorcycle Riders Assoc) but to no avail. Their web site is outdated & they don't seem to do anything.

If we want things to change then the MAJORITY need to get off their arse & make things happen.

Food for thought;
There are only 3 kinds of people in the world.
Those who MAKE things happen
Those who WATCH things happen
And those who DON"T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.

Which one are you.
Well personally if I can help politically just advise and I'm there. Biking is my life, and I'll protect as much of it as I am possibly able. I swear it :)