Advice re wave disc's please
I am looking at buying a rear wave disc on ebay. They are advertising it to fit a GSXR 600/750/1000.

I asked them if it would fit a GSXR750 K6. They said yes.

so, Now I am turning to you technical guru's. Something in the back of my head is telling me that the discs come in different sizes, depending on the model of Suzuki.

Can someone please give me a crash course on this subject please? Does anyone know if the disc's come fit all bikes?

Thank you Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Brigitte<i></i>
my opinion is its not worth spending on rear as it generally only accounts for 5-8% of braking (rider dependant). now if your front braking needs improvement then makes sense to spend on it.

me thinks you just wanna go shopping......bound to find other worthwhile bling, rear disc on a NEW bike? save your $$$ imho. <i></i>
Pinkie, I just bought one for the Busa off "Bling Parts" - Grant, known as MacBusa on our site. He'd probably know, but isn't contactable.

I'd be cautious with the eBay purchase... especially if they don't know or don't make it clear. I'd hold off for a weeek and ask a few on the site for prices and compare...

Post something like, "Wave rotor for my bike wanted", and see who replies... you'll get the usual dribble (like mine), but vendors will reply too...
"sometimes crime does pay"<i></i>
Thanks for the advice. The only reason I am looking at it, is because it is posted at $50. I really like the look of the wave disc's and was not going to consider it for a little while. No one has bidded on it and it ends tomorrow, so I thought it was a bargain.

But then you know what they say about bargains. Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Brigitte<i></i>
I bought a set of "bargain" front discs from the States.

$200 only done about 600 miles. (Which I'd beleive)

Then I think he hit a fugen tree! Arsehole!!! Got money back minus postage.

You can get your own disc wave rotored. Not that cheap though. (Awesome discs Ringwood)

I'd chuck a bid in if they're in Aust.

Cheers, Phil. <i></i>
I'm stuck at work cutting up parts for RMIT racing, so I cant get my head checked till monday I think thats what I meant....

I'm bringing in a few spare rotors I've got lying around off some of my old bikes and I'll post up how they come out

BTW Ithink we're getting another one about 6m X 3m, so seems like a good way to blow 400 grand (just wish it was my money) <i>Edited by: Maggot1300 at: 21/10/06 12:17
</i>
or you can try to bribe someone with a waterjet, but they're extremly expensive to run.. <i></i>
They are in Australia Gydup. If they stay at $50 I am pretty sure that is a bargain. They dont nominate the brand though.

But as Volvi stated, maybe I just want to shop. Put me in a dress shop and I will have a quick look and walk out. Put me in a bike shop and I can look for hours and want everything Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Brigitte<i></i>
Good point Matt. How is our acquisition of a waterjet going? What are you doing here anyway? Go down and get a head sizing. <i></i>
orsm. I knew you could get the old guy to cough up. Send him on vacation for a few months. Screw Toyota. lol. <i></i>
Toyota aren't too bad now days, its more Holden that are a pain in the arse. I've done a few discs off the Formula SAE cars lately so I'll see how I go with the discs I've got lying around in the shed.

If we get the new machine in I can hit the old bloke uf for another pay rise, then I could finally finish repairing my busa <i></i>
Love those discs of yours

One area you don't want to be a skin flint about on the Bus or any other performance bike is the brakes

If you are going to run with the hounds you need braided lines & HH pads as an absolute bare minimum.

Pinky: Be careful with cheap brake deals, you only get what you pay for (blah blah) but oh so true in the braking department. If that disc is ok why is the owner selling it ? I only sell stuff that's no good I've got the same brake setup as the notorious GDYUP & they offer a significant improvement over the stock system

<i></i>
Good brakes are as enjoyable as good grunt.

Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
After hearing all the pearls of wisdom from this group. I have decided not to get them. I agree with you there Rev. Brakes are my lifeline, so I wont be playing around with something I dont know anything about.

Thanks for all your imput guys. Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.

Brigitte<i></i>