Oil what do you recamend
Bump....
Thanks astro i was looking for this
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
BUSA-ROD Wrote:Thanks astro i was looking for this

No probs Rod. Pi_thumbsup

We've got a wealth of information here and the search capability of this new site is soooo much better than the old one. I found this thread in seconds.
Well I just loaded the old gal with Mobil 1 Racing 4T Full Synthetic $53 oil and $13 K&N Filter
xhiler8r Wrote:Well I just loaded the old gal with Mobil 1 Racing 4T Full Synthetic $53 oil and $13 K&N Filter

Bill where did you get the K&N filter from. Have not seen them

up this way before.....Confused
Regards Richard.....

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

[Image: l_b8cd83806072859a2e37a2a757a8eb9a.jpg]

F.B.R.1347 Wrote:
xhiler8r Wrote:Well I just loaded the old gal with Mobil 1 Racing 4T Full Synthetic $53 oil and $13 K&N Filter

Bill where did you get the K&N filter from. Have not seen them

up this way before.....Confused

U S of A my friend I keep telling you guys I always shop over there :rolleyes: there is money to be saved a plenty Pi_thumbsup

i to have a k&n oil filter to fit soon from states
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Drool

Thanks for that ...will go and have a lookPi_thumbsup
Regards Richard.....

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

[Image: l_b8cd83806072859a2e37a2a757a8eb9a.jpg]

I used to use Motul 5100, but the last couple of changes I have been using Motul 7100 full synth. Looks good, smells good, and I think the gears feel better.
BUSGO Wrote:I have used a few oils from straight Mineral, SEMI SYNTH and after having tried a variety I have now settled on Havoline Full Synth.  It is about $42 for 5 litres at BIG W and it is smooth and sweet.
I use K&N oil filter as well.
Since moving to this combo, I find the bike continues to run great for between 6 and 8 thousand Ks.
Probably would go further if I let it.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i>Edited by: BUSGO at: 25/10/06 13:53
</i>

BUSGO is that Havoline stuff specifically for the bike or just car oil? It's that the only pure bike oil I've ever seen at my Bigw is Castrol, one standard lot of oil in a four litre bottle and the race bike oil they sell only in 1 litre bottles.