Aftermarket conrods
Anyone else seen these
cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayIS...L:RTQ:AU:1

There not Carrillo ,
I'm getting the technical specs from the seller, initial impression is the rod bolts are not the same as Carrillo's Multiphase bolts (the good ones) more likeused in there A beam street rod but these may still be an alternative .
Maybe ????
<i></i>
Not seen these Maj? Not even sure what they do?

I've lost your Email address? (Again)

Can you send me an Email at ridingnottalking@hotmail.com

Or my home Email if you have it?

Cheers, Phil. <i></i>
You have mail ... <i></i>
Dont worry Gidy..they can be chrome plated <i></i>
They say the rods are made in OZ , would be worth while finding out who makes them and buy them here not from england. I knew there was CNC machined rods made in OZ but hadn't heard of anyone forging rods like them here. He lists prices for item & postage in UK Pounds but said items are in Melbourne Leigh <i>Edited by: lee8sec at: 28/10/06 8:37
</i>
Not many manufactures in Aus, in fact the only one i know of is Argo in Morpeth, (they have a sample a busa rod now to quote) .
They do not do h beam ,i initally thought there may be some connection as the ebay seller calls himself Argopeti but there is not.
Info back from seller : rod weight inc bolts 405gm, bolts are 5/16 arp.
Prices asking are not much different to known quality rods.
like Falicon, Crower and Carrillo (A beam)
<i></i>
while on the subject of rods ,anyone have an idea where a set of heavy heavy duty aluminium rods could be had or made ???
Gary <i></i>
Gary i would start with someone who does car alloy rods to find a similar size blank and get it machined to spec.
Seen top fuel bikes with chev rods. <i></i>
Gotta ask why would you want them Gary? ... and then can you afford them. They can be done in the USA and in England.
They can also be made in OZ , although from rolled plate and not as strong as a forged near size blank then subsequently machined.

but issues with crankcase clearance is a problem, ally rods have a 1/3 the strength of Steel .. E value so that they need 3 times the material for equiv load Vs elongation to start with.

here is a taste
HayaBusa rod vs Top Fuel rod

and another view

<i>Edited by: gazza414 at: 29/10/06 6:51
</i>
really big loads of CH3NO2, just a fishing expidation /window shopping at the moment and not for the busa ,do I have enough of these ,answer
Gary <i></i>
You must be thinking about the BIG BANG THEOREM. Hawkwind...a few more years laddy <i></i>