Hayabusa Track Bike
Yep, I've talked about it for years (http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...p?tid=9011) and planned it for the last year (http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=12383), and now it has begun.

It's a 99 copper, "Number 262"

[Image: Busatrackbike.jpg]

Now looking more like this

[Image: trackie210510a.jpg]

[Image: trackie210510b.jpg]

[Image: trackie210510c.jpg]

[Image: trackie210510.jpg]

Hoping to revive the Sydney Secret Mod Group Spannering days in the months to come, and with a bit of luck we'll be seeing this racing around Eastern Creek (and other tracks) and showing those pesky little 250 two-strokes what corner speed is all about Boobies4

I'm after any (cheap) parts available that may come in handy, especially if they are scratched or dented, since it's only for a track bike. Please send PM's with any parts you may have to sell me.

Things I still need at this stage:
* Any top triple tree that may be lighter than stock/OEM
* 4 into 1, any condition
* A set of Carbon wheels, in case anyone has a set in the garage they don't use
* Anything that's less heavy than stock/OEM bits

Also, I'm aiming to make it as light and nimble as possible, so please let me know your thoughts on how to do this without spending a fortune...
Good on you Pan...best of luck with the build.
i have a stock top tree pan you can have mate .
ignore my post pan i was reading the forum with out my specs on and mis read what you were asking mate

bike looks dam nice mate
Good luck with the build mate bring it around anytime if you want to do it at your place set up a date & we can all come around & we can drink your Beer & watch you work Pi_thumbsup
Update: Just got a 4 into 1 off a Busa Club friend...

Things I still need at this stage:

* Any top triple tree that may be lighter than stock/OEM
* A set of Carbon wheels, in case anyone has a set in the garage they don't use
* Anything that's less heavy than stock/OEM bits
* Brembo radial front brakes, just in case you know anyone who has some... Coolsmiley
OH THANK GOD, that was the worst kept secret in the UNIVERSE! COngrats on the trackie, can you get a two-stroke motor for it?
(23-05-2010, 08:34pm)Heidi1 Wrote: OH THANK GOD, that was the worst kept secret in the UNIVERSE! COngrats on the trackie, can you get a two-stroke motor for it?

Good idea it would be lighter Pi_thumbsup
this will be an awesome and interesting build will be following closely good luck mate!
Please tell me you bought some old fairings for this, and didn't destroy your original ones???

(22-05-2010, 09:56pm)pan Wrote: Also, I'm aiming to make it as light and nimble as possible, so please let me know your thoughts on how to do this without spending a fortune...
You could try cutting some holes in the frame, like the guy in that other thread...
Maybe drill some "speed holes" in the wheel rims, too.

Protip: The wheels don't really need three spokes; two is quite sufficient.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
(23-05-2010, 10:29pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: Please tell me you bought some old fairings for this, and didn't destroy your original ones???

Yeh, I had a set of old "bits-a-pieces" fairings to use. Copper ones are with someone else...

(23-05-2010, 10:29pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: Maybe drill some "speed holes" in the wheel rims, too.

Protip: The wheels don't really need three spokes; two is quite sufficient.

Pi_tongue
Roll
(goes off to find 5mm drill bit)
BIG THANK YOU TO PETE'S PITSTOP for these Pi_thumbsup

[Image: 18052010.jpg]

(Pete, send me a couple of stickers for the bike when you get a chance, will ya?)
Dont forget the Knobby tyres mate
[Image: Panstuck3.jpg]
[Image: photo3.jpg]
I love that photo! I love how it rained that day, we lapped Oran Park all day, and when I ran wide on the last session, even after going through the dirt, the kick-stand was still sparkling and clean!!
nice one Pan . I've got a polished gen 1 grab rail if you need it , won't make the bike go any quicker but bling is important as you have to look good too ,lol
I note the black frame in the original photo of the "copper" so I take it, it started as a bits and pieces put together bike before you got to it??

So what year is it? (well most of it?)

- Read you do know that keeping it the copper colour will make it got heaps faster dont you ! Knuppel2

P.S. congrats on the project, hope you have heaps of fun with it.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
It's a "REAL" copper bike Wardy!
No. 262.
The frame and swingarm have been spray painted black...