Changing Camps
Well the big Blue Kwaka monster is finally in the garage after trailering it back from Brisbane. Haven't even sat on it yet, but it rained the whole way and is so dirty you can't tell what colour it really is.

Can't wait till next Thursday when I will actually be able to finally go for a ride, its bound to rain so I'm not even going to wash it before I go for my first ride. Bit like wearing new sneakers, you try to get them dirty ASAP so as to not draw attention.

Thinking I might take a cruise down to EC on the 24th to check out you track guys and catch up with some old faces.

Cheers all, DAve
Oh mate! We'd love to see you. You'll get to see the latest in the stable, we'll have a RGV250, an Aprillia RS250 (or two) and god knows what else. If you look for busas you won't find us (unless Bruce brings the big bore). PM me and I'll send you my mobile number and I can send you the pit number.

Love to see you if you get out.
Welcome back!
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.
- Mae West
When it comes down to it , we are ALL bike riders - and a mateship that is not experienced with fellow cage drivers. I don't care if my friends ride a Harley - Italian bike - jap bike - ( but draw the line at mopeds and scooters )

I coped a lot of crap from my biker mates ( one of the know bikie "groups" know in Sydney ) but when a member died they had no problem with me riding in the funeral procession on my Jap bike in amongst a few hundred Harley . This is basically across the boat as far as i am concerned - we are all bike riders and always welcomed as one no matter the ride
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
Hi Subrx
I ride a 2009 busa and hubby has a gtr 1300 08 mod.
He loves his quakker and throws it around bends like nothing else(plus the seating position is better for his back)Im glad i have a busa so i can caatch up to him on the straights.
There are alot of pluses with thr gtr's.better wind and bug protection for one.
unfortunalty finding bling is bloody hard...hubs still is trying to find an exhaust sys that he likes.( he did mention a exhaust he found he likes the other daybut i cant recall what it was.will get back to you on that) He has spent hours on the net and u tube listening and trying to find the ' one'..
one mate said to him once " nice bike on that exhaust".
.yep people he resembles Buzz lightyear.

Have fun with it! going tripping sounds absoulutly awesome
Nice choice mate.

Hope your 'head space' is a better man??
Good luck!
Thanks again all.

Just got home from my maiden ride. Spot on 1500ks. Never remember my arse being this sore on the Busa, but 1500k after 5 years absence was probably a bit optimistic.

Bike has fabulous wind protection, was 5 degrees when I left and got back home again and felt really comfortable, will take a while to get back in the swing but the harder I rode the better we both went. Can hardly read the number plate cause of rubber dust, no idea at all how that got there.

As for the bloody ugly huge exhaust, has to go. Not much available though, don't want the total chrome of the staintune and doesn't look like there's anything in the carbon fibre look around. At full noise you can still hear a beetle fart, which isn't always such a bad thing Mr Plod.

First bit of bling was a Radiator Guard, not really blingy but necessary.

Looking forward to another 1500ks next weekend and hope to catch a few of you at the EC ride day on Saturday.

Take care all, Dave
(18-07-2010, 07:40pm)SubRX Wrote: Thanks again all.

Just got home from my maiden ride. Spot on 1500ks. Never remember my arse being this sore on the Busa, but 1500k after 5 years absence was probably a bit optimistic.

Bike has fabulous wind protection, was 5 degrees when I left and got back home again and felt really comfortable, will take a while to get back in the swing but the harder I rode the better we both went. Can hardly read the number plate cause of rubber dust, no idea at all how that got there.

As for the bloody ugly huge exhaust, has to go. Not much available though, don't want the total chrome of the staintune and doesn't look like there's anything in the carbon fibre look around. At full noise you can still hear a beetle fart, which isn't always such a bad thing Mr Plod.

First bit of bling was a Radiator Guard, not really blingy but necessary.

Looking forward to another 1500ks next weekend and hope to catch a few of you at the EC ride day on Saturday.

Take care all, Dave

Got some pics yet Dave
Sorry Rob, none yet, to busy riding not snapping quick pics.

Might have to give it a tub first. Washing, not Riding.

Dave
sorry subrx..
i have been corrected by hubs.

his is a gtr 1400(opps i put up 1300)
yes staintune is ugly and sounds crap
there are a few exuasts out there.I asked niv just now what was the one he wwanted and he said "frig it i cant remeber" but it will cost you a sweet penny or two.
hubs is black....the bike
Thanks Mrs Niv.

Glad you cleared up both of those issues. LOL

Dave
Staintune ugly?....sounds crap?....what the? Ihad Staintunes on my '03, and have Yoshis on my current bike, and I reckon the Staintunes look and sound better by a country mile (and they're Aussie made, so you can't beat that).
ceejay the staintunes that are made for the gtr1400's are not very pretty at all.

for other bikes they are lovely.

thing is the gtr1400 is percieved as an'old mans'bike so the nice bling bling isnt out there like as it is in the hayabusa.(yet they go like the clappers esp when you play with a certain part .simular motors to the zx14)
im all for aussie made.you cant beat australian made.
its just an unfortunate thing for this instance.
hehehe subrx .yes i,m glad i cleared up those issues too.
could have been all sorts of mix ups :P
G'day Dave,
I did a couple of rides with you and Jules together in the good old days. Club ride to Gingers Creek. A day ride around the mountains, Macquarie pass, finishing at your old local at Narellan once.
Glad to see you're back in the saddle. I like the GTR1400's, from the write ups they are pretty handy if you let em have their head. Although from memory, I don't think the Kwaka will go anywhere near fast enough for you.
Hope to see you in Tathra.

Ward.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
CeeJay, sorry to offend, but agree with Mrs Niv. Ordinarily I would say love the StainTune, but on the 1400GTR it looks worse than the original. And thats saying something.

Mrs Niv, I spoke with the Kwaka Mechanics about the engine being a detuned ZX14 and what it would take to re-tune. They had no idea. I have posted on the GTR forum and they seem like a bunch of pansies sprooking on about their Farkles, so trying to get any mumbo advice out of them is like taking at Getz to the strip. So any advice as to what to tweak would be good. My FIL has a RocketIII and has a program called TuneBoy where he can reprogram the ECU and dial in exactly what he wants, can't seem to find anything equivalent for the GTR. Those of the really adventerous GTR boys have put on a pipe and a PCIII and removed the flies. Not on the current model though with the Traction Control.

Any advice greatly appreciated. Where are you guys located?

Wardy, good to hear from you. Been many years. Looking forward to catching up at Tathra. The whole idea of getting the GTR was to tame the Boy Racer, must say that from new it does go like a scoulded cat, maybe 5 years off a Busa makes at CT110 feel that way though. The GTR boys think that they are limited to 260, not that anyone knows, but my book says 290!!!

Great to be back in the saddle in any case though.

Dave