Unrestricted bikes - where were they available
Had an interesting chat with my local Suzuki dealer / mechanic dude today.

He reckons that it was only Australia that got the unrestricted version of the Hayabusa, with USA, Japan and Europe all having speed restrictions set in the 99/00 models.

Thought this was an interesting story, especially if it is true?

Can anyone shed any light on this?

J
Hey Jason,

someone at the (US) busa.org site should be able to confirm/deny this....

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/

baz.
Coolsmiley

ps: let us know what you find out.....
I think your friend is talking bollocks. The restriction agreement didn't come into play until 2001, so any previous model sold anywhere in the world would be unrestricted.
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
(05-07-2010, 03:58pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: I think your friend is talking bollocks. The restriction agreement didn't come into play until 2001, so any previous model sold anywhere in the world would be unrestricted.

yeah - that was always my interpretation too.
(05-07-2010, 04:16pm)Achilles Wrote:
(05-07-2010, 03:58pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: I think your friend is talking bollocks. The restriction agreement didn't come into play until 2001, so any previous model sold anywhere in the world would be unrestricted.

G'day J, so you've got a real bike again, or 2? Are they rides or hides?

Your mate is talking bollocks indeed!!!

Glad you are back!!
(05-07-2010, 04:47pm)Cam Wrote:

Glad you are back!!

Hey mate,

yep - got sucked in again big time. hope all is well - and my ol Busa!

both will be hides for now (of course, the quick strap around the block will be essential)

J
(05-07-2010, 05:08pm)Achilles Wrote:
(05-07-2010, 04:47pm)Cam Wrote:

Glad you are back!!

Hey mate,

yep - got sucked in again big time. hope all is well - and my ol Busa!

both will be hides for now (of course, the quick strap around the block will be essential)

J

Yes mate, your old gold's still looking like it just rolled out of the showroom, apart from the addition of a 4 into 1, a Ventura rack, (sometimes) & a set of lowered rear pegs for the Mrs. She loves it too.

I've also added braided brake lines, a K & N filter & a Power Commander just to get it running on song. It still rips my arms out, gets passers-by asking questions all the time & is as reliable as a clock. It's just clocked 50,000kms. The perfect motorbike really. A definite keeper. Thanx for the best bike I've ever owned!!

Glad your back in the fold mate!