Bikers -by Jacob Kruger
I got this from a blind biker mate of mine who lives in South Africa. Jacob Kruger.
He is blind as a result of an accident while riding his Suzuki. He was kit from behind by a car, his wife was on the back of the bike, she was killed outright, his optical nerves were torn from his eyes by the violent motion of his head/helmet hitting the road, he woke up badly injured and profoundly blind. He belongs to a rather rough looking mob called the Razzors. He and I have been mates for a long time, via the old Suzuki List that we were members of before it closed down ten odd years ago.

He still wears his leathers and has ridden his Bandit with help and directions via comms. He is a brother and a Biker. Are we bikers? I am because I choose to live the way I do, my bike and the road are important and have been for a very long time.
He sent me this a couple of nights ago. A tough law but admirable in many ways. Have a look and see what you think.

"Don't take any shit. Be kind to women, children and animals, but don't take any bullshit. This is an essential part of being a biker. It has to do with respect and honour. Anyone can be a quick-tempered fool. Be cool, stand tall and backup what you say with action.

Never lie, cheat or steal. Another way of saying this is to always tell the truth. Bikers are always the greasy bad guys in the movies, but every real biker knows that his word is his bond. Your word is all you have in life that is truly yours. Guard it carefully and be something noble, for you are a true knight of the road.

Don't snitch. If you see a wrong, fight it yourself, if you are about anything. You'll take care of problems yourself and never feel the need to snitch someone off. Snitches are the lowest life forms on earth, right up there with biker thieves.

Don't Whine. Absolutely no one likes or respects a whiner. Another way to say this is hold your mud. Still another way to think of it is, "Don't sweat the small stuff" Most of life's little inconveniences work themselves out whether you whine or not. Keep your chin up, dammit! You're a biker, not some lowly snail.

Never say die and never give up. Whether it's in a fight, a debate, or a business deal, no matter how bad it gets, a biker never gives up.

Help others. When a brother or sister is broken down by the side of the
road, always stop and help them. Even moral support, if that is all you can
give, is better than riding on by. Remember life is about the journey, the
ride, not getting there. You already are there. And don't just help bikers,
show the world that we are better than our image portrays us. Courtesy costs
you nothing and gives you everything.

Stick to your guns. Do what you say you'll do, be there when you say you
will. This is called integrity. This also goes back to standing for
something. Like the song says, "You've got to stand for something or you'll
fall for anything."

"Life is not a drill. Yeah, this ain't no dress rehearsal. This is life -- go
out and take big bites of it. You've got no time to lose and bikers don't
stand around waiting for the party to come to them. You only go around once.
Tomorrow you could be road kill, thanks to a chain smoker asleep at the
wheel of his Caddy. Live life now, make the most of each moment."
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
That's lovely!
Pi_thumbsup Vey well put
" If only "

Well written.
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
"here, here" Clap

Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Wise words indeed.