which battery for a 99
Thank you for all replies regarding a battery for my 99 busa.I have had a look on the net and i can get a yuasa for around $250 or a SSB YTZ14 for $114 delivered to adelaide.This is the question, do i have to spend $250 or will a cheaper battery do the job or does the old "you only get what you pay for apply" and at this price i can get two for less than the price of one or even a SSB battery and a c-tek 8 step top of the range charger for $250.Basicly is the cheaper one good value for money or do i just bite the bullit and buy the more expensive one ?.
Ask and yee shall receive " I dunno"
I think the old "suck it and see" (said the bishop to the actress) method may be the only true test Fonc.
last yuasa I bought was for $135 (oem model) dunno what your going for on that price. either way I strongly believe in a battery attender (trickle charge), have used one for last 6 yrs maybe, always keeps the battery alive and healthy, if only I cud plug it in my ageing bod.

PS. battery bought from Bikes & Bits Melbourne.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
(26-07-2010, 07:42pm)Volvi Wrote: last yuasa I bought was for $135 (oem model) dunno what your going for on that price. either way I strongly believe in a battery attender (trickle charge), have used one for last 6 yrs maybe, always keeps the battery alive and healthy, if only I cud plug it in my ageing bod.

PS. battery bought from Bikes & Bits Melbourne.

I agree. I've tried the 14S and returned to OEM. My prices were the other way around to what you've been quoted. The 14S was no better for me that the OEM and $110 more expensive.

OEM should cost around $125 give or take 10 bucks. Spend about another $65 on a trickle charger and if you have any more problems, you can bet your house on it that they lie elsewhere - the 14S is often turned to as a cheap 'Hail Mary' attempt to fix something else more complicated in the electrical system (usually a short).

My ultimate advice to everyone is to rip out the rectifier and stator and replace with good second-hand parts from a late, wrecked bike... I wasted years in time and money before getting there, though.

Good luck with it.
Carpe Diem!
Hi throwdown what is the oem battery for my 99 model hayabusa
Ask and yee shall receive " I dunno"
(27-07-2010, 07:39pm)FONC Wrote: Hi throwdown what is the oem battery for my 99 model hayabusa

YT12A-BS

I believe it's a Yuasa, but such has been my pleasure at finally nailing my electrical hassles that I celebrate weekly by not looking at it, and now I've forgotten. Bliss!
Carpe Diem!