Rear Shock Settings
Hi all have fitted some 7" extensions to my 99 busa. Having some problems with getting traction on the strip. Bike is lowered and i am running a shinko ultra soft tyre at 20psi. I weigh about 80kg suited up. Wondering if anyone could help me with some settings for the rear shock ( sag,comp,reb) Thanks.
Ok either people don't know or they want to keep it a secret which is cool by meVery Happy So how about this one, for more rear traction do you soften or harden the rear shockUndecided
OK, I'm only theorising, but wouldn't you make the rear as soft as you can? Good Luck with it! Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Or is the opposite the go? Wouldn't it stiffen the rear end and stop is sagging in the arse and lofting the front wheel? (I've got no idea....just guessing)
I was told to stiffen the shock which makes it harder to lift the tyre off the track( sort of makes sense once you think about it )
Doesnt it rub on the undertail unless you stiffen it up ??
Get a copy of twist of the wrist..

It shows the amount of sag etc front and back regarding proper weight dispersion...
/
Drag setting are nearly opposite track stuff ,
rear, squat to launch without bottoming , slow to rise, if it bottoms it picks the front up
front, slow to rise so your carrying the weight of the front wheel immediately, and not getting a push up from the suspension before it tries to carry the wheel
i didnt read it all properly.. i thort that he was talking track riding.. woops
/
I mised the bit about the 7 over too,
for this your going to need a lot of spring preload as you have put a fair bit of leverage against the std spring pressure effectively softening the spring rate
Steve, sounds like we'll be doing abit of testing out at the drag strip, i have yet to even look at my suspension setup.

As always, Greg is full of info. Thanks Greg.
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
Where will you be testing at Grant? You still in Brissy or back in Townsville?