are turbo bikes road legal in australia?
(18-08-2010, 07:47pm)highwaybruiser Wrote:
(18-08-2010, 06:35am)McTavish Wrote: thats when i pull out my 58page engineers report and dept of transport clearance documentation LOLOL this scene alone would be worth the mods. it'd be like walking around with a diplomatic immunity card.
With the mods you're talking about and especially the look you're going for, it would pay to enlist the services of an accredited engineer BEFORE you start the project, because it sounds like you'll have trouble getting it passed. An engineer will tell you what you can and can't do before you start collecting bits & pieces.

this is the only pic i can find atm of the intercoolers. these are the smaller ones on each side. badly distorted photo. are you saying police will have a problem with this? LOL

http://www.sandrpro.com/Contactus.html
(18-08-2010, 08:11pm)McTavish Wrote:
(18-08-2010, 07:47pm)highwaybruiser Wrote:
(18-08-2010, 06:35am)McTavish Wrote: thats when i pull out my 58page engineers report and dept of transport clearance documentation LOLOL this scene alone would be worth the mods. it'd be like walking around with a diplomatic immunity card.
With the mods you're talking about and especially the look you're going for, it would pay to enlist the services of an accredited engineer BEFORE you start the project, because it sounds like you'll have trouble getting it passed. An engineer will tell you what you can and can't do before you start collecting bits & pieces.

this is the only pic i can find atm of the intercoolers. these are the smaller ones on each side. badly distorted photo. are you saying police will have a problem with this? LOL

The police will have a problem if you fcukin sneeze in your helmet let alone all the goodies hanging out like Adams pride and joy!!!!From past experiences the cops won't give two fcuks how much documentation you're carrying cause if they don't understand the whole scenario or whats in front of them(most of the time they don't) they will issue you with a defect notice only removable when like a silly little s****** you have to go and present your bike/papers to the road authority and get drilled sideways. Let's not mention any other other stuff you attached and you have to take off before you get there.Have you toyed with the idea of a super charger?????
in some states carrying a engineers report is a waist of time as the policeman that reads it may not understand it and will send you to have the bike inspected to determine whether it should be on the road or not. The copper is not the one making the call, he/she is the one that has doubts about the bikes worthiness to be on the road so issues a nice yellow sticker and pushes the responsibility to determine if it should be on the road or not onto someone else. this causes you - the owner and rider of the bike - to spend money and time getting to the inspection station and getting the sticker removed.

I recon do the steath mode thing as much as you can to achieve a good outcome and go from there.
Keeping it like the OEM turbo bikes will be better IMO
most of the time that happens in NSW the cops give you a canarey and off you go to RTA /EPA/or engineers ,