Levers
great thread guys. Well worth the read. thanks.
Regards
Grant
(Townsville, QLD)

www.stickersuperstore.com.au (for your sticker and sign needs)

Smitten 03 with a hair dryer - slammed and stretched (stealth mode engaged)
[/quote]

"Australia has improved its competitive position relative to the United States since 2008, and now ranks 4th, with business costs 2.2 percent below the US baseline, despite a modest appreciation of the Australian dollar against the US currency."

KPMG's 2010 Competitive Business Costs Study.

KPMG Study 2010-full pdf
[/quote]

KPMG can say all they want, when we compare our business costs for our Georgia office vs Australia, we are around 9% higher in Australia than the US. Problem with stats from companies like KPMG is the spread of industries amongst other factors.

Dave, we would be very happy to try to meet you price and service expectations. Feel free to email me direct with any enquiries.

robertr@amcaustralia.com
At the end of the day it's the dollar ............ like it or not most times nowadays an item can be purchased at a price far less across the web than can be obtained in Oz. Pazzo being a good example as across the web they are basically $200 a set and if elsewhere they are $300 the normal consumer will buy @ $200 .............. thats normal ? For me you can only give the Aussie supplier a chance at it and if he can't match it ............... well thats what business and competition is about isn't it ? One needs to remember that if it wasn't for the web you the consumer would still be paying 2.5K for an exhaust from BGW .................. HID light kits used to be three times the price they are now ? Competition may not be healthy for the seller but is certianly good for the consumer as once a seller has a monopoly on an item they then dictate the price which is usually rather inflated to say the least. I write this as both a supplier and as a consumer also. One then may need to consider the back up if something goes amiss with the product, Power Commander being a good example as units purchased from the US get no warranty here (why I don't know as it's the same unit product ?) Food for thought ?
Yes Spot on Pete TrophyClap
(22-08-2010, 06:27am)fasterfaster Wrote: At the end of the day it's the dollar ............ like it or not most times nowadays an item can be purchased at a price far less across the web than can be obtained in Oz. Pazzo being a good example as across the web they are basically $200 a set and if elsewhere they are $300 the normal consumer will buy @ $200 .............. thats normal ? For me you can only give the Aussie supplier a chance at it and if he can't match it ............... well thats what business and competition is about isn't it ? One needs to remember that if it wasn't for the web you the consumer would still be paying 2.5K for an exhaust from BGW .................. HID light kits used to be three times the price they are now ? Competition may not be healthy for the seller but is certianly good for the consumer as once a seller has a monopoly on an item they then dictate the price which is usually rather inflated to say the least. I write this as both a supplier and as a consumer also. One then may need to consider the back up if something goes amiss with the product, Power Commander being a good example as units purchased from the US get no warranty here (why I don't know as it's the same unit product ?) Food for thought ?
If it doesn't feel good........Your doing it wrong !!!