Coolant temp
Ok guys

Did an oil change on Sunday...made sure the level was correct and then went for a spin through the city. I was sat at lights and the coolant guage started to creep up. It has sat just above the half way point on cooler days but on Sunday the temp was about 22. Anyway the needle went to about half way between the red zone and the half way point...3/4 I guess... and the fan kept it there...it showed no sign of overheating. My point is where is the needle expected to sit...I mean this was on a 22 degree day...what happens when it gets to 42? I will check the coolant tonight...it was Ok before I set off. I will also check the plugs to see if my motor needs the cooler ones....is there any other things people have found in the past??? It is an 06 with just 6450 on the clock.

Cheers Guys

Steve
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
Mine sits just below halfway usually.....if I'm stuck in traffic at a standstill, it'll creep over halfway and then the thermo-fan kicks in and maintains temp on or just over halfway until I get moving again.
Mine stays below the line and only once touched the mid point on a 40 degree day in heavy stop go traffic on pennant hills rd.
mine has never gone over the half way line, even after a day of spirited riding in 38 degree weather
100000kms in 23 months, not too bad
Ok guys thanks for the replies. Update is I checked the coolant and it is fine. I pulled the plugs and they indicate a normal situation so I figure the motor is not actually running hot. I am leaning towards a defective temp sensor giving a high reading...(the guage read almost 3/4 towards the red zone but returned to just under the line when moving. Also the fan runs OK and reduces the guage reading to just over the line when it comes on whilst at a standstill)... but there is no other indication that the motor is running hot so it has to be the sender??? Anyone here have a similar thing happen?
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast