Full Throttle Advice Please
(09-11-2010, 07:16pm)McTavish Wrote:
(30-10-2010, 08:13pm)FalcoPerigri Wrote: Just one rule really, which is to CHECK out the stretch of road BEFORE you go FULL BORE.
Also remember there are not many places you can redline the Busa beyond 3rd Gear which is over 230kph. You may not have time to realize that at 250+ it's really READY to GO, just when you expect it to want to take more time, it actually just wants to get to the red zone.
Take care and make sure you have the room to move and stop.

also....check your rear-vision mirror for me on my turbo 14 Very Happy

Rear vicion mirror, or tail light?? Pi_thumbsup Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Mate,
Coudos for wanting to learn the limits of your new love. As others have said, the drag strip is the place to do it. Pi_thumbsup

Oh and at speed, dont just sit up real fast or snap the throttle off...or you may get Scary sit up a little and smoothly come off the throttle. Otherwise enjoy

Cheers,
John

Have fun and stay sticky side down Biker
(28-03-2011, 07:45pm)JoBus Wrote: Mate,
Coudos for wanting to learn the limits of your new love. As others have said, the drag strip is the place to do it. Pi_thumbsup

Oh and at speed, dont just sit up real fast or snap the throttle off...or you may get Scary sit up a little and smoothly come off the throttle. Otherwise enjoy

Cheers,
John

Have fun and stay sticky side down Biker

It's usually a case of "The right time and the right place." if you want to hoon, not in the 'Burbs is a straight and righteous rule!
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
As I learnt the hard way...
(26-09-2010, 03:43pm)sutur Wrote: For the original question, you can safely accelerate in ANY gear with FULL throttle if you're smooth enough with your wrist.

Ironically, if you want to be able to REALLY launch your bike without a wheelie, you need to learn to wheelie :)

Personally I don't do it - too much to risk even if I don't stack it, I could damage my favourite toy.

But if I had the balls...I'd learn to wheelie, so I can avoid them, and so they don't shock me if they happen accidentally.

This is a good point, pulling the front end up to about 3/4 of 12 O'clock is about the time to move to 2nd ( for me) so you can get better control to the balance point but it's full on stuff. I like a nice rise to about the 3/4 mark then a gental drop and change up, looks cool but with far more control but back to the point. Forward weight, clutch control out of first to the to the max toque as per gear setup, slip to second, watch for false neutral as this is your widest jump for your selector forks, then same again to 6th keeping in mind you past your max toque point 5th depending on your setup. Do this and on most stock bikes and you will pull an easy 260 -280 over a reasonable length. Of course this would only be done on an approved track or area.
Ego vero custos fratris mei sum
I have only ridden 120k's on my busa, it is replacing a ZZR1100 which I will sell soon. This is my third big sports bike after working my way up through smaller bikes in my younger days and crashing a few. My ZZR is in good condition and is no slow bike but the power difference between it and the busa is quite stark. I weigh 100kg and could open up the ZZR at any rate in any gear, unless there was a bump on the road all was good. This busa though has me wary now that I have ridden it a bit. There is something very unearthly living under the tank, and while it purrs like a kitten most of the time I have no doubt it will turn on me and rip me a new Arse-hole if I don't give it the respect those here suggest. It's been years since I have felt challenged this way, what a nice surprise :)
(16-03-2013, 01:28pm)gringo Wrote: I have only ridden 120k's on my busa, it is replacing a ZZR1100 which I will sell soon. This is my third big sports bike after working my way up through smaller bikes in my younger days and crashing a few. My ZZR is in good condition and is no slow bike but the power difference between it and the busa is quite stark. I weigh 100kg and could open up the ZZR at any rate in any gear, unless there was a bump on the road all was good. This busa though has me wary now that I have ridden it a bit. There is something very unearthly living under the tank, and while it purrs like a kitten most of the time I have no doubt it will turn on me and rip me a new Arse-hole if I don't give it the respect those here suggest. It's been years since I have felt challenged this way, what a nice surprise :)

I had a ZZR1100 before I converted to the busa, and although the ZZR was a nice bike to ride (with what I thought was plenty of grunt) the busa is a different kettle of fish. The ZZR always felt like a big bike, whereas the busa can start to feel like a litre bike when you are throwing it around (or in my case, trying to Embarassed). I never had any real scares on the Kwaka, but after a couple of "broken traction" issues on the busa I soon learnt a newfound respect. The accelleration on the ZZR wasn't quite the same as the warp speed, blurred vision you get on the busa either.

Go and do a CSS before you try anything. I can keep the front off the ground about 6 inches and open to full throttle in all gears but I can't wheelie for shit.its what you are used to.smooth roll on is the key.when you suddenly confronted by a corner you are in trouble.go to CSS and learn correct techniques rather than practice incorrect ones. And take your time.there is always someone faster even if you are Casey stoner.!
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!