know when to go home
set out for a ride today and got about 10 minutes from home, I wasn't concentrating and came up to a corner before I realised I was going to fast, hard on the brakes but still a bit too deep, stood the bike up and hit the grass doing about 80k's. After a small tank slapper held on and managed to find the road again. Unfortunately things like that get me angry once the initial shock wears off and I was up it again. I found myself riding quicker than I usually do and decided I better head for home while I still could. I think I need to find someone fairly sedate to go for a ride with, instead of always going alone.
Bummer.....glad to hear you are ok though.
Kathy
Rear half of 2000 Red/Grey Busa Smitten
Rear half of 2010 Red BMW K1300 GT Smitten
(26-09-2010, 04:52pm)Steve Wrote: set out for a ride today and got about 10 minutes from home, I wasn't concentrating and came up to a corner before I realised I was going to fast, hard on the brakes but still a bit too deep, stood the bike up and hit the grass doing about 80k's. After a small tank slapper held on and managed to find the road again. Unfortunately things like that get me angry once the initial shock wears off and I was up it again. I found myself riding quicker than I usually do and decided I better head for home while I still could. I think I need to find someone fairly sedate to go for a ride with, instead of always going alone.

A good decision fella.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Man isn`t that the reality of riding. Sometimes your heads in & others it`s completely out. Good save & reasonable final decision. You could just plod along Pi_tonguetill your head comes back in & continue your ride though. Half an hour can make all the difference though. Biker
'The more professional you are, the closer you get to your client' Leon.

i ride fairly sedate but i still get in the shit sometimes,when your head is in lala land it time to get off the road.
so +1 A good decision fella. Pi_thumbsup
born to be mild
come to vic, i ride fairly sedately
100000kms in 23 months, not too bad
Very true.
Was exhausted after a mad dash about 30k's away jousting for a clear run with drivers ignoring my bright party lights glowing and that really loud strange mix of sirens & one narky driver on the horn reminding & also flashing the highbeams (hoping I get the attention of the cars in front of me in the distance just hoping these drivers get off the friggin road for me! It's also being on the alert for anything that can happen, like animals or things even weirder!

Mind you my F Truck weighs more than a ton, so after I get it wound up, stopping it is another matter entirely. Today I had the mine workers who only pull half off the road, still going 100k's and wonder why I am not overtaking them on the blind hills & corners. Dumb muth@fu@kers!!! Oh and its raining.

& today, the best were bike riders! Snaps for their behaviour compared to the car drivers, oh and this is why I refused to cross the double lines on the blind corners & hills - I did not need to collect anyone!
Go hard, or Go home!
That's one of the reasons I stopped riding on my own!
thanks everyone, I usually only go for fairly short rides most of the time, 3 to 4 hours being the most. I use to go riding with another bloke but he has gone strange on me and doesn't talk to me or anyone else these days, thats why I ride alone.
(27-09-2010, 07:28am)Steve Wrote: thanks everyone, I usually only go for fairly short rides most of the time, 3 to 4 hours being the most. I use to go riding with another bloke but he has gone strange on me and doesn't talk to me or anyone else these days, thats why I ride alone.
having to ride behind a busa,can make a rider go a bit strange steveLol2
born to be mild
Yes Steve its beneficial to ride with others to see their riding styles and lines into corners etc. I like riding alone but make sure that I go riding with a group when I can.
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.
- Mae West
Hi Steve , I used to ride on my own ,then a mate of mine got into bikes(M109R) then it kind of showballed from there when my youngest sister bought a bike(Suzuki 250 cruiser) ,my second sisters' husband bought a bike(Suzuki M50) ,then my older sisters' husband also bought a bike(Suzuki gsx650 now traded for a DZR400 ) my nephew has just traded his Honda 250 in for a SV 1000 ,my dad who is 71 this year bought a Suzuki GS500 then traded for a white 06 Suzuki Burgman,then i have my 2010 white Busa, also have a few mates tag along as well sometimes,a family of Bikers ,we head out to Canungra most Sundays for breakfast when we can all get together,some sundays my Dad and me will do the ride on our own ,we stay at legal speed limits (Honestly Police) ,after riding with a big family group it does feel strange when i'm out on the bike on my own..so you are Welcometo join us on a ride out on a sunday mate .
Ride Safe Steve...Paul .
LIVE FOR THE MOMENT ..HEAVEN CAN WAIT ...............
Hi Paul, I would be up to join you for a run to Canungra, depending on what time you head out that is!
Cheers,
Terry
(27-09-2010, 06:09pm)Diablo Wrote: Hi Paul, I would be up to join you for a run to Canungra, depending on what time you head out that is!
Hi Mate,we normally head out around 8.00am ,my dad is away for a couple of weeks but my brother in-law is always keen to get out ,so depending on the weather a ride out for breakfast will be on ,we normally fuel up at the BP on the Beenliegh -beaudesert rd .
Cheers Paul .
LIVE FOR THE MOMENT ..HEAVEN CAN WAIT ...............
sounds good Paul, do you mean the BP at Mount Warren park