Brake light with inbuilt indicators
Just wondering if anyone has done the Brake light with inbuilt indicators mod on there bike & had any problems with them fitting or with the boys in blue?

Cheers vitto...
I have this set up only problem i had was tail light was to bright and you could not see indicators clearly so i just went to Jacar got a resistance dial to put inline with tail lights and just toned them down to i was happy.
Have been pulled over by police a few times with no problems. But it only takes one to be having a bad day and you will be pinged for it

[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I got one of these units a while ago vitto, but I haven't installed it yet (ok, u can stop laughing now, CeeJayLol3).
Like you....I have the same concerns re: legality Pi_freak

Undecided
Bloody hell Bazman, you must have more Busa parts in ya shed than what's in ya bike!! hahahahaha! (by the way, I've put my shorty levers on.....only takes about 10 minutes..nothing to it.....get 'em on Bazman!)
vitto mate i had 1 i just sold it a few weeks ago but i never had a prob from the Police
Only issue is the vehicle regs. There is a minimium distance between indicators for a vehicle on the road.
Haven't looked it up but I think it's around the 300mm mark. The position of the stock indicators is pretty close to the regulation distance I think.

So a cop may not know the actual regulation distance, but if the indicators are IN the tail light, it's a pretty sure bet he'd know it's not legal.
yeah, that's right Louwai......30cm.....it will pass a rego check at most "cruisey" places.....but HP is a different matter entirely (especially when you get picked up for something else really naughty)......roll the dice, and take ur chances!?!
Victorian law says "285mm minimum distance between the indicators"

I've been wary of these brake'indicator lights for that reason. A cop might be having a bad day and ping me for that as well!!

Cheers Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
thanks for the comments guys i will have a bit more of a think bout it & see how i go

Cheers...
(07-10-2010, 02:36pm)vitto Wrote: thanks for the comments guys i will have a bit more of a think bout it & see how i go

Cheers...

Hey Steve i have an integrated on mine give me a ring if you want to have a look
Rob
Since the left to right measurement of the oval shaped cut out is 200 mm ,how can an integrated brake/indicator rear lens allow the indicators to be 285 mm apart or even 220 so they are all illegal if they fit in the existing bodywork hole .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(07-10-2010, 04:31pm)bandit Wrote:
(07-10-2010, 02:36pm)vitto Wrote: thanks for the comments guys i will have a bit more of a think bout it & see how i go

Cheers...

Hey Steve i have an integrated on mine give me a ring if you want to have a look
Rob

thanks mate will do..
I take it the regs only pertain to modifications and not OEM specs?? The gen 2 is approx 210mm between rear indicators and 300mm between front.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.