fitting brake lines
anyone know where I can get braided brake lines fitted in Brissy for a reasonable price. I have never done it and dont want to guess when it comes to brakes, Steve.
Verry easy job just go to repco and get your self a good brand brake Bleeder and you shouldnt have any problems Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Steve, there is a thread about braided brake lines and which ones cost what. From the reservoir to the calipers is just really bolt on stuff. Bleeding the brakes isn't difficult if all the connectors are tight. As long as the bleed nipple is used correctly to bleed them, will not be too difficult. Having said that, I will enjoy seeing the good advise and detail that you will receive very soon right here by other members. Very Happy. So that's how the smiley things work!!
(28-10-2010, 08:06pm)Katana2 Wrote: Steve, there is a thread about braided brake lines and which ones cost what. From the reservoir to the calipers is just really bolt on stuff. Bleeding the brakes isn't difficult if all the connectors are tight. As long as the bleed nipple is used correctly to bleed them, will not be too difficult. Having said that, I will enjoy seeing the good advise and detail that you will receive very soon right here by other members. Very Happy. So that's how the smiley things work!!

step 1 dont get brake fluid on your paint Scary
You should be able to find a club member to give you a hand
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
your in brisbane steve . pete's pitstop is the guy you want to see , call pete and book the bike in
Get some "speedbleeders"....makes bleeding heaps easier......
never used speed bleeders etc, just a pipe from the nipple into a bottle of brake fluid and never a problem. Lots of different ways to bleed brakes but ultimately all the the same so long as it gets the air out of the lines
thanks everyone, I think I have got someone to help me do the job in a couple of weeks, which works out good as I only ordered them yesterday and probably wont get them for about a week. If I lived closer to Pete I would go and see him, but it is about 6.5 hour ride there and back plus fitting drinking talking, etc. Definately worth the effort for a flashtune though, bike is running very nice Pete.
Mick's Bike & Car Tyres, Micks got a workshop in Brendale on Brisbane northside.

Ph. 3881 0033
www.mbct.com.au
Speedbleeder review http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=12018&highlight=Speedbleeder
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
hi stev are you doing the cluch as well
born to be mild
I was going to until I had a good look at the clutch line. It is hardly visible so at this stage no, but may do it later on.

Tom has kindly offered to help me fit the new brake lines and he has all the gear also, thanks for everyones input, Steve.
(30-10-2010, 11:55am)Steve Wrote: I was going to until I had a good look at the clutch line. It is hardly visible so at this stage no, but may do it later on.

Tom has kindly offered to help me fit the new brake lines and he has all the gear also, thanks for everyones input, Steve.
i have done mine,if u do the clutch the thread on the lower part of the line is a different than the rest,so be carefullPi_thumbsup
born to be mild