need members help
Lowrider & Easyrider sounds like it's a Harley-inspired or associated product......I'd stay away from those names (if you use names that are already being used, don't you run the risk of being sued?)
yeah thats why im looking for originality , i may end up scraping the idea , i dont know yet

thanks guys top stuff good imput
(31-10-2010, 12:50pm)CeeJay07 Wrote: if you use names that are already being used, don't you run the risk of being sued?

Only if the names have been registered specifically as a trademark in Australia under the specific class required and associated to that product or service.

All that type of info can be checked through IP Australia.
http://www.ipaustralia.gov.au/

I once went head to head with the Sony Corporation (I was up against the actual Japanese main HQ) on the exact topic. In the end it cost Sony about $15k in trademark attorney's and lawyer fees and it cost me a 50 cent stamp.
(31-10-2010, 12:50pm)CeeJay07 Wrote: Lowrider & Easyrider sounds like it's a Harley-inspired or associated product......I'd stay away from those names
I know what you mean, CeeJay, but there are quite a few older guys who use their Busas as cruisers, so the sort of seat Kev is making would probably appeal to them.
If he called his seat "The Ultra-Mega-Elite-Superbike-Awesome-Maximum-Coolness-Throne", that would be more likely to put people off. (Except R1 owners...)
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
(31-10-2010, 01:39pm)Rainbow7 Wrote:
(31-10-2010, 12:50pm)CeeJay07 Wrote: Lowrider & Easyrider sounds like it's a Harley-inspired or associated product......I'd stay away from those names
I know what you mean, CeeJay, but there are quite a few older guys who use their Busas as cruisers, so the sort of seat Kev is making would probably appeal to them.
If he called his seat "The Ultra-Mega-Elite-Superbike-Awesome-Maximum-Coolness-Throne", that would be more likely to put people off. (Except R1 owners...)

^^^^^^^BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Regardless of intended use of the Busa, then names still have connotations of feet forward, ape-hangers, riding in t-shirts (Harley ones of course) and the bike sounding like a wet fart after eating some questionable spicy food......what about something that tells the prospective customer what it is like the VCM Busa Signature Series Gen 1/2? (signature being the kanji that adorns the seats). It's a bit shorter than the Coolness Throne dribble.
(31-10-2010, 04:17pm)CeeJay07 Wrote: VCM Busa Signature Series Gen 1/2?
I think we have a winner!
Hey thats catchy as hell
Snuggies Lol2
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(31-10-2010, 08:10pm)ROD Wrote: Snuggies Lol2

Lol2 Roll Pi_thumbsup
Hey Kev ,How about Keister? Could be a good brand name , or seat name , The Keister ,& maybe Another The Tooshie.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
i have never laughed so much guys awesome ideas guys
(31-10-2010, 09:22pm)big kev Wrote: i have never laughed so much guys awesome ideas guys

Makes no difference to me what you call them. All I know is that they look brilliant and I want a set. Smart marketing starting this thread. LMFAO
Talk to ya tomorrow about a set Kev.
will do mate ,
(31-10-2010, 09:30pm)Remsta Wrote: All I know is that they look brilliant and I want a set.
They don't just look good: they are much more comfortable than the OEM seats. Much more comfortable. You'll be astonished at the difference, I promise.