Poll: I bought a seat from Kev and it was mostly for:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
comfort.
16.67%
1 16.67%
appearance.
83.33%
5 83.33%
Total 6 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

VCM Seats
I was pestering Kev yesterday about his seats and he suggested I make a thread with some feedback about his seats.

One rule: please state your weight and height.

I'm quite skinny/bony and I find after about an hour of riding I'm squirming around on the stock seat because the flesh under my sitting bones is sore. Another hour is pretty agonising, has anyone had these symptoms and reduced them?
I bought sheepskin seat covers from BK a while back and have to say that they definately increase riding time in the saddle before the discomfort kicks in (I'm 6' 1 and 95kgs).
I bought a sheepskin too, but didn't you find that raises you quite a lot as well?
I did notice at first, but either the fibres have compressed some, or I just don't notice it that much anymore (mine are usually only on the bike when me & the missus are going on a trip....mine doesn't go on if it's just me going for a squirt)
I have the Corbin seat and its a big improvement but costly, im sure Kev can do a similar one.
83kgs and 170cms
[Image: photo3.jpg]
(06-11-2010, 10:55am)LOAFIE Wrote: I have the Corbin seat and its a big improvement but costly, im sure Kev can do a similar one.
83kgs and 170cms

I just loved the look of Bruce's boosted busa's seat so ordered mine from BigKev just on looks alone. Because I have a few knee problems I find the Kev seat pushes me forward making the knee bend more pronounced. For comfort I wear a Suzuki gel seat with a sheep skin. The Kevseat looks great mate.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
I got Kev to make the seat for my track bike. Neither for comfort nor for looks. Just for performance!
I just ordered the new seats from Big Kev, hope to have them soon. Sucks not being able to go for a ride on such a brilliant weekend, but such is the sacrifice to have one of these great seats that I keep hearing about.
I bought purely for appearances. The comfort I keep hearing about is just a huge bonus.

Now why do I have to tell everyone how fat I am?

174cm/90kg
I ordered a seat from Kev for both appearance and performance.
As for the comfort of the stock seats I've never had any issues.
187cm / 90kg
I no when i got my corbin seat made 5-6 years ago it was for looks only at the time but corbin gets your but size off you so he can make the seat a snug fit for you
I dont no if Kev makes rear hump on seat diferent size or not
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(06-11-2010, 05:43pm)ROD Wrote: I no when i got my corbin seat made 5-6 years ago it was for looks only at the time but corbin gets your but size off you so he can make the seat a snug fit for you

Hahahaha. Seriously, they get your but size? How do they do it? do they make a cast of your ass?

I just ordered seats off Big Kev, and I'm glad to say that he didn't ask me how big my ass is or ask me to make a cast of it. Lol2
It'd be awesome if they still did that, but I doubt it :)
I gave Kev my Gen 1 Corbin seats and back pad, I asked him to copy the profile and shape on my Gen2, I wanted a lower seat height and better shape and finish in top quality leather.

He delivered all of the above.
Little off topic - but. After many years of sheep skins to help alleviate that 'stingy bum' after many hours in the saddle . . .
Don't know why but I find wearing Leather pants greatly increases the length of time in the saddle before getting sore. As opposed to jeans/Draggin Jeans or anything else.
As for Kev's custom seats, love the look of them, but haven't had the opportunity to try.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(06-11-2010, 06:04pm)Remsta Wrote:
(06-11-2010, 05:43pm)ROD Wrote: I no when i got my corbin seat made 5-6 years ago it was for looks only at the time but corbin gets your but size off you so he can make the seat a snug fit for you

Hahahaha. Seriously, they get your but size? How do they do it? do they make a cast of your ass?

I just ordered seats off Big Kev, and I'm glad to say that he didn't ask me how big my ass is or ask me to make a cast of it. Lol2

Dont pannic Kev will get you around to his place for a personal feel of your ass Very Happy
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com