Gel seats for the 2010 Busa
Would like to get some feedback about the gel seats for the Busa. Does anyone have one? What do you think? Are they worth the purchase? I have clocked up 700km in a number of days and have a sore behind. I have been quoted $270 for the seat from the Suzuki dealer I purchased it from. Also I have sore wrists, is this normal or just a lady thing?
Rosebusa
(18-11-2010, 04:53pm)KylieWA Wrote: Would like to get some feedback about the gel seats for the Busa. Does anyone have one? What do you think? Are they worth the purchase? I have clocked up 700km in a number of days and have a sore behind. I have been quoted $270 for the seat from the Suzuki dealer I purchased it from. Also I have sore wrists, is this normal or just a lady thing?

Hi Kylie,
I have a gel seat on mine and find it good for a few hours riding no problem, have a look on ebay for a better price. There was one on here a little while ago that sold for $150. There are a few options regarding riding position, the first is to get a set of Heli bars, they give about 1.5 inches extra height, again there were a set on here recently for around $150 I think, check out the for sale section as they might still be available. I have these fitted plus I have also gone for the riser block that raises the bars up about another 1.5 inchs. The riser block is just over $100 delivered from the US from memory. With both fitted there is very little clearance when on full lock, but the more comfortable riding position more than makes up for it. If you want some photos I can take some later so you can see what I am talking about,
cheers Steve.
here is one (gel seat) in the US for around $150 delivered to Aus

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Suzuki-Ha...ccessories
(18-11-2010, 04:53pm)KylieWA Wrote: Would like to get some feedback about the gel seats for the Busa. Does anyone have one? What do you think? Are they worth the purchase? I have clocked up 700km in a number of days and have a sore behind. I have been quoted $270 for the seat from the Suzuki dealer I purchased it from. Also I have sore wrists, is this normal or just a lady thing?

Hi Kylie,

I haven't got a gel seat nor do I know anyone that's got one but you might want to check this web site and the way that the Aussie Dollar is at the moment good time to buying from ther states. I have dealt with these guys and the services was 2nd to none even with one of the parts that was damaged in the post so can highly recommend them.

http://www.mrcycles.com/default.asp

Cheers Rev004
theres a few members on here whom have had and own the gel seats , ROD has 1 for his GEN II and am supprised they there hasnt bben more members pipe up about it

alternative is to have your stock seat fitted with a GEL insert , www.vcmcycleseats.com.au is my custom seat business and i do a few GEL inserts , this is just an alternative

Hi.i got a gel seat for sale at $150.
PM me if still interested
Kylie, I've got a Gel Seat and I bought it from Ebay for $165 delivered (from US).
For $270 don't waste your money. It's not worth it.

I did a ride around Victoria for 6 days riding about 8-10 hours a day with it and was quite comfortable.
I never had any issues with a sore butt at all throughout the trip. It is actually still quite a firm seat
and I found it takes a good hour to soften up while riding and goes back to being firm again when you stop
and have a break etc.. I think it would be good for a rider a little on the larger side but if your not, you'll hardly
put a dent in it. It is also a little bit wider than the stock, so consider that too.

It is a good seat but I wouldn't exactly rave about it and say the Gel makes the world of difference.
I think there are better alternatives out there.
i would have to saay that i have never had a gel seat but you should have a look at the seats from VCM (big kev) i not long ago got mine done & i love it.
Just my 2c worth. Get used to the bike b4 spending money on changing things.

Being a mexican, my bike goes into hibernation for a few months every year. I still get sore wrists/bum after the first couple of rides, then its all good.

Enjoy Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Thanks for the response, very much appreciated. I will look at some alternatives, I am not a big lady and don't really want a wider seat, if anything a more narrow one would suit me better.
Rosebusa
(18-11-2010, 10:57pm)KylieWA Wrote: Thanks for the response, very much appreciated. I will look at some alternatives, I am not a big lady and don't really want a wider seat, if anything a more narrow one would suit me better.

seat will feel soft after a few good rides if not you could try a sheep skin cover
BTW Welcome to the AHC Forum its good to have more female rideing our great bike Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(18-11-2010, 05:33pm)Steve Wrote:

Hi Kylie,
I have a gel seat on mine and find it good for a few hours riding no problem, have a look on ebay for a better price. There was one on here a little while ago that sold for $150. There are a few options regarding riding position, the first is to get a set of Heli bars, they give about 1.5 inches extra height, again there were a set on here recently for around $150 I think, check out the for sale section as they might still be available. I have these fitted plus I have also gone for the riser block that raises the bars up about another 1.5 inchs. The riser block is just over $100 delivered from the US from memory. With both fitted there is very little clearance when on full lock, but the more comfortable riding position more than makes up for it. If you want some photos I can take some later so you can see what I am talking about,
cheers Steve.

I Steve, if you could send the pics that would be great. Hubby has actually done the same thing with his rocket to give him a better riding position. My only concern is the clearance for the lock, on saying that though I don't have big hands so it maybe okay for me.
(19-11-2010, 05:44am)ROD Wrote:
(18-11-2010, 10:57pm)KylieWA Wrote: Thanks for the response, very much appreciated. I will look at some alternatives, I am not a big lady and don't really want a wider seat, if anything a more narrow one would suit me better.

seat will feel soft after a few good rides if not you could try a sheep skin cover
BTW Welcome to the AHC Forum its good to have more female rideing our great bike Pi_thumbsup

Only thing with the sheep skin on top is it may rise me higher and that I can't afford to do with my height.
(18-11-2010, 06:44pm)conscuba Wrote:

How come you are selling the seat? Have you found them comfortable?
Rosebusa
photos as requested, probably best to try one of the raisers first to see if enough, I like mine with both. The gel seat is a bit wider than stock but only at the back, so shouldnt make any difference to ground clearance issues, pity you couldnt find one to test first, might be another member over your way that might let you try their seat on your bike, Steve.

[Image: oneph.jpg][Image: twolq.jpg][Image: threec.jpg][Image: fourxa.jpg]
the only issue on full lock is that the tops of the clutch and brake resivours get very close to the fairing/screen, but this is only if you use both as I have, the riser block is probably the cheapest option, I will have a look for the link and post it once I find it, cheers Steve.
(19-11-2010, 09:05am)KylieWA Wrote:
(18-11-2010, 05:33pm)Steve Wrote:

Hi Kylie,
cheers Steve.

I Steve, if you could send the pics that would be great. Hubby has actually done the same thing with his rocket to give him a better riding position. My only concern is the clearance for the lock, on saying that though I don't have big hands so it maybe okay for me.
(19-11-2010, 05:44am)ROD Wrote:

Only thing with the sheep skin on top is it may rise me higher and that I can't afford to do with my height.
(18-11-2010, 06:44pm)conscuba Wrote:

How come you are selling the seat? Have you found them comfortable?
only used it for a few hrs so cant comment on how comfortable it is,the trouble is I am a bit short in the back legs and the gel seat is about an inch taller than stock.
I find the stock seat comfortable enough for a ride to kalgoolie,but might give Big Kevs cut down seat a go
http://www.soupysperformance.com/catalog...637181.htm

they also sell lowering kits as well if you struggle with the height of the Busa
I'm not very tall, I had my seat cut down a little and dropped the rear 1 inch. The seat made a huge difference, not the height thing, but comfort. I found it way more comfortable cut out a bit. I got a sheep skin off Kev but didn't get to try it on a big ride I did earlier this year. But its great.

I rode 4900k's in 5 days, add another day off on top of that not riding ;-p, the but was fine but my hands were feeling it a little. Mind you I have two crap thumbs due to de quervains tensynovitis. But mainly I was riding crook so every muscle ached big time, so it probably amplified the yuck feeling, I never realised I was crook till the end of it, ohh boy was I ordinary lol. Was very funny standing at a servo with an 80+ yr old man, the servo attendant acting as interpreter between both of us as he was deaf and I was just as deaf with the hearing gone.

Other than that we did another ride early on where we rode 2500k's over 3 1/2 days, that was no problems there.
Go hard, or Go home!