Shinko's
Word of warning on tyre pressures, DON"T go below 10psi
on the shinko's.
Heathcote was running again on sat nite, first run popped a tyre off the rim at the top end.

Last time out nearly 1 month ago was running 8psi and hadn't checked pressures again before my first pass and figured myst have lost pressure .
To be safe next pass went to 12psi and smoked it full length
Track was shit everyone had traction probs so i drop pressures down to 10 turn boost down to 8 from 12,
smoked it again, back to 8psi ,126mph thru the traps sideways tyre off rim again.
last pass 10psi in tyre 4psi boost found some traction still lit up in second
<i></i>
Very lucky Greg.
I tried out the ultra I dont know if there's any difference
between it & the roo3 for the money .
<i></i>
I'll have a 190 ultra for the next meet on the 26th , the 180rr will go on a mates track bike, they seem ok for circuit work. <i></i>
Yeh, I'm always tearin' up tyres at the drags... NOT.

My brain says "do it, let go of the clutch", but my hand says, "shut-up fool, you've got hard foam and fibreglass covering you, I've just got a thin piece of leather".

Hopefully one day I'll be able to contribute to such topics legitimately instead of just watching on and dreaming about leaving aBUSa or Shredder behind me at WSID...

Still struggling to do a 10 second run, and now that we're trying a 43 tooth sprocket, not so sure I'll manage it on the 30th at WSID.
"sometimes, crime does pay"

Employee of the Year
Easyrider Imports
www.easyriderimports.com.au

<i></i>
Pan this will be you with your 43 tooth rear sprocket

But dont worry this was Shredder when he tried out his Honda

Regards Bill

"Secret Mod Group Is Kicking Butt"

Busa's Rule On The Rest<i>Edited by: Xhiler8r&nbsp; at: 14/11/05 11:26 pm
</i>
Nasty stuff there Maj, didnt realize you were running the 180 and not the 190! Hopefully the new tyre will sort things out for you.

I recently had Motor Trade Machinist or Micks Tyres [07-3818 1208] as everyone knows him, fit a pair of Shinko 003's to evaluate for regular road use as I have only ever run the rear with a Bridgie front for the Drags.

Mick has 32 years of Motorcycle Racing tyre experience which he doesnt mind sharing, unfortunately that meant I payed for that education by having to be there for 6 hours. Apart from the extended time being there I highly recommend Mick and he wont steer you wrong when it comes to tyres, just dont expect it to happen quickly and for a comfortable seat in an Air-conditioned Lounge!

One thing he did mention to note here was that the tyres age definately has an affect on its performance, especially with the stickier rubber and he reccommends looking for the freshest batch available for critical applications like the Turbo bikes.

Initial impressions they are good with one down side to note, steering is slightly slower and heavier but the levels of grip and its ability to hold a line are far greater than the standard Bridgestones! If anyone is interested I will update later on down the track.

I would be interested to hear what everyone else is paying for them across Australia and how Mick compares.

Tyre Prices [Fitted]

Rear R003 - $161
Front U003 - $125

Rear U003 - $171

Shayne
<i>Edited by: aBUSa at: 15/11/05 7:38 pm
</i>
Greig, What would have been the result at 170mph?

Thanks for the heads up, I thought of running a shinko but my life's worth extra for a M/T.

Leonard. <i></i>
Shayne , i'm paying similar, there probably all coming out of the same place.

Leonard , M/T would be nice but i doubt it would have stuck sat nite.
1 guy i know packed up his big hp Torana with 12" slicks after 2 runs sliding all over the track. <i></i>
Grieg,

I reckon if you removed the up pipe you'd be ok !

The M/t can handle
I like to have a run at WSID, but as my busy season is about to happen and will run thru till Feb then there's prep for the salt.
If i see a free weekend when there's a meeting on its only 10 hrs up the road but its bloody hard to plan
At least i'm using it and sorting out some things before next March , way better than this time last year <i></i>
Shayne are those prises just for the Shinko's or are his

tyres all close to those prises. I haven't tried Shinko's yet

but want to get a 170sec if I can or may be a 180 <i></i>
Hey Fat,

Those prices are for just the Shinko's, could'nt say for sure of the other brands, I would imagine a rear would be around the $250 mark fitted.

Mick stocks most brands and sizes but less of the Bridgestone's, he doesnt like them so doesnt stock a lot of them.

Its probably worth a call to find out or if you know what you want I could call and Email you what I find.

Shayne

<i></i>
Fat the 190 ultra is a nice shape on the busa rim for drags, mine arrived friday, i also picked up a couple of 170's for mine and a mates track bikes , good shape for circuit or street but a bit pointy for drags!

They work good on the circuit tracks, 3 mates were running them at Winton on Sat all said they handled great, one was a bit concerned about wear he would only get 2 Winton days out of a rear another is already on his 4th track day ,

Hope to try out the 190 ultra next Sat nite , TWO WHEEL TORQUE are doing another bike arvo/nite at Heathcote, This one unlike the last three they have hosted WILL NOT be rained out. <i></i>
I went back to 170 for the strip with the theory that a

small tyre on a wide rim will give you the best possible foot

print on the strip. We tried this with my street car we put

9inch wide slicks on 10 inch rims and it worked the car just

launches from the start line beautifully. So I did the same

thing with the bike and that is how I can real off !.599 60foot

times on the track.

How much were the shinko's. Is there much of a difference

in price for the 170 to 190

Thanks for the info. Regards Richard and Nina.. <i></i>
~$20 difference between the 190 ultra and 170 003, i can send a pic of a 180 and a 190 on rims if you give me your email addy. <i></i>