Wanaroo Track dayz
Went again last Sunday. Bit a a low turn out really, only 9 in the middle group (Basic...that's me) and maybe 10 or 12 in Advanced. Newbies had about 14.
Mind you, numbers in our group dwindled on the second session when a Kwaka 1000 went where they tiold us not to go over Skyline. It is the fastest corner for the track and good guys on racers do it around 160. But stay close to the apex because in their infinite wisdom, they've placed a concrete ripple strip to control V8 Supercars through there. On a bike, the results are spectactular. The guy was fine, but the bike was a mess. Then a newbie did a swan and pike on an R1. Not so bad considering it landed on it's instrument panel!
I was the only Busa there, and I actually drew a few comments like, "yeah they just drag don't they...".
Come on WA Busa's!!!
I've manaqged two sessions, and while I'm not the fastest, I'm also not the slowest and I pass a few bikes along the way. Great for learning just how hard that front tyre hangs on!
Next one...next weekend!
Tyre advice please?
The Diablo corsas are shot to bits really, but probably OK for one more track day. I've put Michelin HPs on the other wheels and will run them in next wekend. But after that, what's the best for track donuts to replace the Pirellis? Slicks, Superbike tyres?
Incidently, the turn 7 at Wanaroo is apparently the hardest breaking corner in Oz. You come over the top of the back straight, out of the basin, sometimes with the front wheel off the deck. That could be in 4th even. Then because you're heading downhill into a right angle corner, it's on with the brakes. I put HHBS pads in and braided lines, and I noticed you could hear the brakes squeeking under pressure. Maybe it was me... I've also found out the front comes off going over Skyline too!! Amazing tractors are the Busa's, so much grunt. You can follow a 1000 out of the basin, and even have one of the tutors go around the outside as you exit, but you can swallow them up over the hill!! What a hoot for grand dad! <i></i>
Try Bridgestone 002race or Mitchelin M2 or H2's.
These are the Mitchelin

Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
Thanks, not too sure what might be offered up. A few of the regulars here sell on slicks after they have worn one side.
$50 each so not too bad really. <i></i>
This is starting to be enjoyable!! Fried the Pirellis so put on a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport HPXs. The first run fealt a bit slippy, but considering they still had moulding wax, they were OK. Later in the day, to be honest, couldn't tell them from the Corsas!
Still, a great hoot and I got a bit faster.
Frasers had sponsored a class for Ducatis. Must have been 20 plus out there. Most in the newbie class, but a few in the "basics" with me. They aren't that good on the track....nor are Aprillias......some Blades...., but the fastest was a Kiwi on a 636 Kwaka. Very good riding!
Best news is, I still haven't fallen off! <i></i>
You should have a spare set of wheels so that you can put some serious track tyres on and keep your road tyres for the road. the track days are always enjoyable, as long as you stay upright. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
I've got a spare set, and organised some slicks for them. But really it's the glass I should have invested in, and probably will before the next outing.
Even crappy Kwaka glass cost $1,000s!! <i></i>
The glass?
Ian, does that mean fibreglass fairings or what?

"good times spent with friends, and nothing else matters..."<i></i>
Just ask around for stuffed fairings. O r i can give you a price on two peice fairings I think OPP Racing do glass, they do carbon!! Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
You cn get a full set here in WA. About $1000 for three layers and about $800 for two layers. <i></i>
On any Sunday.....
<i></i>