PB's Broken at Willowbank
Well Queenslanders had there first all bike meet at Willowbank!
We had a good turnout of Busa's, a couple 1000's, 600's and a lone 250.

Apart from a few incidents, from all accounts everyone really enjoyed themselves. Another big plus for this event was no tin lids dropping oil every couple of laps, things really flowed well!

Some good results were had which was surprising in the bloody hot humid weather served up to us!

Congratulations guys!

m8ee 10.23 @ 138.42mph (25 runs)
xhilr8r 10.57 @ 133.57mph (20 runs)

and me 9.85 @ 142.27mph (15 runs)

Given the amount of runs available I am sure everyone got new PB's.

Further comments by the guys here
http://p083.ezboard.com/faustralianhayab...D=48.topic

We as a collective would like to thank Willowbank and the organisers for a top day and are looking forward to the next one!

Bring on March
Shayne

<i>Edited by: aBUSa at: 13/2/06 11:23 pm
</i>
Undelievable times guys great work.

Well done shayne finally got it under 10. Have you made any changes to the bike to achieve that time?
Bruce

See here, young man, from Walgett to the sea,
From Conroy’s Gap to Castlereagh, there’s none can ride like me.
Banjo Paterson

<i></i>
Thanks Bruce.

Bike is unchanged since you last saw it. Times have come about with lots of practice and having to race a faster bike ie Alex Miller on the Muzzy Bike. Got under the 10's 4 times!
Lucky for me they had clutch issues.

Mods:
Airbox Mod
Brock Hindle
PC3r
Raptor Shift lIght
Lowered 1 inch
190 003 Shinko

Stock everything else including gearing!

More Photos
australiandragbike.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=475&start=30

Shayne <i>Edited by: aBUSa at: 13/2/06 11:22 pm
</i>
Good work Shayne, shows what the potential is for a Busa to run with minimal mods and still be an everyday rider, now that you are under 9.9 you will need a lanyard cut out switch to comply with ANDRA standards.
S and R Pro have these in stock....

They replace the clamp from your brake and/or clutch, they also have a switch block that is similar too.

Bill, good to see you have bettered your times by 2 tenths, you will definatly be needing an ANDRA licence soon

Shane(Shredder) how did the Beast go? I hope all is well with her.

Dave <i></i>
Thanks Dave was a good meet for me but I really cant see my fat ass going much quicker than possibly the high 10:4's I must have one of these cheesecake busa's with not as much HP as others Cant wait for the next meet now Cheers Bill

The Blingaholic

<i></i>
Thanks Dave

Yep Lanyard and Chain Guard required now, not sure what else I will be doing to the Bus from here!

The PMR gear is good quality and I will be selling them also.

Photo from OzSportsBikes

Shayne

<i>Edited by: aBUSa at: 12/2/06 7:58 pm
</i>
Excellent work fella's

Shayne, excellent work right (not just) into the nine's, look out Marty!

Leonard.

(Dave hope your getting kickbacks?) <i></i>
I think I may retire on my time guys. ANDRA are retarded for wanting 200 bucks out of me to keep racing. That is more than 10 tanks of premium unleaded! It's a pretty silly rule I reckon, I have only been to the drags twice, did 10.6 on my first session and 10.2 on my second. Any busa or gixxer thou can do it stock no sweat, I really think that if your bike has a plate on it, you shouldn't have to get an ANDRA. From now on if I go, I'll just have to practice reactions and 60's and back off until the last run or two.

I'll have some great vids and pics to post when dad gets his camera gear from hervey bay. Got a great vid of bill vs shayne, one of Shaynes 9sec runs and my 10.2.

EXCELLENT day - thanks to mike and willow for everything. - They may have to try to sort ANDRA out if they want people to keep coming though!

Good luck sorting out the cheese Paul and Shane! <i></i>
Aye aye M8ee,

Hope you re-consider your stance on a licence. If you read my column in E.T. then you'll know that I agree with you in principal.
Try to remember that it's ANDRA who are the villains in all of this, and not the tracks and those of us promoting the sport.
I'd encourage you to write to ANDRA - Ken Dickie and Tony Thornton, and express your view. If enough do it then the message has to get through.
In the meantime there are plenty of guys running 9's on stock busa's for you to take aim at on the braggin board.
Hope we don't loose you M8 on account of a prehistoric reg.

Captain

Aye aye Bruce - that goes for you too. The NO-BAR movement grows - VIVA LA REVOLUTZIONE!!!!<i></i>
Yeah Captain,

I am aware that it is all cos of ANDRA. The effort you blokes put in and the restults acheived were outstanding. My mate Andy on the blue 650 and myself really wish to thank you and all involved wholeheartedly. Like I said, this was only my second time and it was andy's first. We never felt intimidated or pressured at any time and it is great the way everyone has fun regardless of what times they are posting or what they are riding.

Getting so many runs in without waiting for commodore oil to be cleaned up is great. I will certainly encourage everyone I know to have a go. I think Andy's dad wants to go to the next one after he heard what he missed out on. You don't have to have a red hot bike and you don't have to try to look like a pro racer because no-one laughs at you and that is the kind of atmosphere I enjoy, freindly competition.

I really think you will have a much bigger turn-out next time now that poeple know it is happening. I will be writing and phoning ANDRA on monday to discuss the 10.5 rule with them. Time will tell if the voice of 1 person counts for anything.

THANKS AGAIN.... <i></i>
Well done guys.
Congratulations Shayne...

Email me your latest race log she you get a chance... I'd like to continue to study and learn...

"still waiting for my bike"<i></i>
here is a couple of me I have the burnout worked out but not launch

I did manage a few good take offs but not many

Cheers Bill

The Blingaholic

<i>Edited by: Xhiler8r&nbsp; at: 12/2/06 11:22 pm
</i>
Shayne's pretty brave tucked in there behind the bricks while you do the burnout.

Quote: have the burnout worked out but not launch
The dude on the CBR would probably disagree with ya.

"still waiting for my bike"<i></i>
Awesome work guy's and nice photo's.

Troy. <i></i>
Thanks heaps for coming out guys. I hope you can all make the next one as I'd get a chance to talk to all. I know it was damn hot but at least it didn't rain! Looks like I've sold my race bike so I might have to get a 'busa, liked them for a good while. Thanks again, you guys are a top bunch.
Mike <i></i>