Idiot
:(

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Oh bugger mate thats a shame.

Are you OK is there much damage?
Mmmmm leaves do not aid traction .............. and I can feel your pain Frown
Fark, we really need to teach you how to park properly.

Hope your okay and without injury. Most of us have been there before and the bike can be fixed so don't feel too bad about it.
I'm fine, it was one of those 1kph too much banking while turning, no-one was there to see such a novice mistake, but my mate looked in his mirrors and saw the bike down and me standing with my face in my palm. I bet he chuckled a bit :)

Well the actual damage doesn't seem too severe.

It was a tiny impact, and the scratches that are there are only about an inch long at best, most of the damage is just mottling from gravel on initial contact.

Bar end, brake lever and mirror are scuffed but I really don't care about that.

I'll get a good photo of it all but does anyone know very roughly how much OEM fairing replacement should be for the right hand side of the bike? Including decals & foam/heat protection, if it's necessary to ask...
(20-01-2011, 07:59am)sutur Wrote: does anyone know very roughly how much OEM fairing replacement should be for the right hand side of the bike? Including decals & foam/heat protection, if it's necessary to ask...

You'll get about $2 change from $1000.

I had to replace my RHS fairing a few months back and it was about a grand. I replaced the upper and lower RHS panels plus the heat shields.

See this link. It has my thread about the panels.

http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=15869
Noooooooo!
Bugger..Scary Been there ....Done that.........We are not alone........Shit happens....Bad luck BikerBikerBiker
If it doesn't feel good........Your doing it wrong !!!
if you think thats bad u should see what my bike looks like these days, until i give it a new paint job i dont care how dirty it is
100000kms in 23 months, not too bad
What year is your bike.............it looks like a K9.......i have a brand new black lower fairing for a 08 that i would sell, if thats any use to you.....Cheers Biker

(20-01-2011, 04:39pm)islanddrift Wrote: Bugger..Scary Been there ....Done that.........We are not alone........Shit happens....Bad luck BikerBikerBiker
+1
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
(20-01-2011, 05:06pm)islanddrift Wrote: What year is your bike.............it looks like a K9.......i have a brand new black lower fairing for a 08 that i would sell, if thats any use to you.....Cheers Biker

Might be!

What kind of price were you looking at?

Does it have the foam/heat shielding on the other side?
(20-01-2011, 05:35pm)sutur Wrote:
(20-01-2011, 05:06pm)islanddrift Wrote: What year is your bike.............it looks like a K9.......i have a brand new black lower fairing for a 08 that i would sell, if thats any use to you.....Cheers Biker

Might be!

What kind of price were you looking at?

Does it have the foam/heat shielding on the other side?

PM sent
Catch 22, sad for your accident but happy it wasn't serious & you're OK. I have felt your pain as well.
If you don't get any joy in Australia with OEM pricing check out these guys
Honda East Toledo
and
MrCycles

I'd recommend both of these guys.
Photobucket

Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs.
also another guy would be Bombay Motorsports. Great Guy to deal with, good prices and fast shipping. I ordered a Power Commander on a friday lunch time and recieved it the the following thursday. also ordered a new stator from him that was half the price of one here and arrived in 4-5 days aswell. I know a number of people who order stuff through him and are nothing but pleased with his service, price and support.

http://www.shopbombaymotorsports.com/
Regards

Dan