Drags for a car
Hi everybody,

Both Kathy and I are interested in firing the family saloons down the strip one Wednesday night. The question is what do we need to do to get these things legal for the drags. I believe we have to have fire extinguishers in the cars, but what else. Crash helmets are OK, we already have them.

Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa Red/Grey Bog standard except for bling and a kanooter valve. Oh and a turbo kit on the floor.
Strike a blow for freedom...Smash a speed camera!!!
Member of the SHAG group.
Red Bikes Rule!!!!!<i></i>
Make sure you have a dark visor unless you have Hayabusa on the windows and then we may not recognize you any way
nar give it a go

Cheers Robert
Aren't all 'busas Copper, the others are just copy 'busas!!!!!<i></i>
Call the track Graham, or check out the WSID web site for info. <i></i>
When you DO find out what you need, please post the details here.

(been thinking about taking the Volvo out to WSID...)
"riding, not posting... as much"<i></i>
Dropped WSID an e mail but I think they are all out searching for rain in WA so they can cancel another Wednesday meeting. Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA
2000 Suzuki Hayabusa Red/Grey Bog standard except for bling and a kanooter valve. Oh and a turbo kit on the floor.
They wont answer an email Graham, if they do they will steer you to their web site which has all of the information for the street meets on it, I think you might find that it is easier to go straight to the WSID site than it is to ring them or email them.

Pan, why not check out the site and post up a link to look at. <i></i>
Race prep for cars is easy.

Rip two wheels off one side and whack 2 kanji stickers on the bastard. <i></i>
Last time i went there with my mates car they checked if he had his coolant bottle. And no hub/center caps. Thats about it i think.

What type of car is it?
Feel the force. ANGGI<i>Edited by: chunkylover&nbsp; at: 14/3/06 6:46 pm
</i>
Hi there,

Amazingly enough they did reply to the e mail. It took a while but they replied in the end which is all that matters.

Here's what they say;

I’m sorry to be so late in replying to your enquiry regarding our ‘Wicked Wednesday’ Off-Street Meetings. Basically, for you and your partner to run the family saloons on a Wednesday night you’ll need the following:

As the cars are currently street-registered there shouldn’t be a problem. Scrutineers will basically check to see that the vehicle is road-worthy; that the brakes and steering are fine; that it will not start in gear; that there are no leaks of any kind (so nothing gets under your tyres during a run); and that the vehicle has a full and operational muffler system. They don’t need fire extinguishers… but if you already have them securely installed that’s great.

As drivers, you will each need an approved helmet (AS 1698 or similar), long trousers (jeans), long sleeves (eg shirt, sloppy joe or jacket) and enclosed shoes (eg track shoes).

Remember to both bring your driver’s licences as proof of identification; $45 entry fee each; and a pen to complete your entry forms.

Hope this helps. For the record the two cars are a Mitsubishi Magna VR-X and a VT Commodore. They do well at the traffic light drags but I would like to fire them down the track one day. We will come one day with either the bike or one car and have a go first, Kathy wants to see how it all works. I reckon she would be pretty good though. Regards
Graham
1hotBUSA