Drag Challenge BUSA Vs ROCKET III
A long time friend of mine has purchased a new Rocket III about a month ago and he has been talked into the fact that they are quicker than Busas, only up to 100kph, mind you.
So he has challenged me to a test run.

All we need to do is find space big enough and legal to have a blast off (so to speak)

Does anyone know if his backers are to be trusted?

We could just swap bikes and try each others out but neither of us trust each other

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i>Edited by: BUSGO at: 18/3/06 3:56 pm
</i>
I wouldn't mind hearing how this goes.
I don't mind the triumph, but it isn't practical.... Cheers,
Pete
djpete@tpg.com.au

Z Web World
Mobile Dj, Web Design,
Photography, Bullshit Artist!<i></i>
Don't worry Ray , the Rocket is fast, but no match for the bus. But don't don't stop in front of it. She's a good bike that rocket, i do miss her.

Mark <i></i>
Ray... your mates backers are correct - its just that you mis-interpreted the information they gave you. The Rocket will shit all over you for the first 100 millimetres and after that, you'll be so far in front it wont matter.

As loverustler suggested, don't stop in front of it because it weighs so much its likely to take you out under brakes.

(Actually, I have no idea - but if we're talking a standing start I'd be willing to bet the Busa is a clear winner from go to whoa). The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>
Rocket III 's are restricted in the low gears like the busa's, a lot more noticable than the Busa when unrestricted, if he wants it derestricted there's a guy in Syd that can reflash the factory ecu.
Busa has a large weight advantage and with riders of similar experiance should walk away (fast walk) <i></i>
Looks like this is gonna be a goa - somewhere quiet but with a few witnesses etc.

I've got about 100kg head start (rider and bike) but I don't think I will really need it.
All we have to do is declare a distance.
We may also have a backup duo to verify the facts.
i.e. A second busa and Rocket to double check.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
I saw one on the strip in Mackay last year it had a pipe and

air filter pod on board and ran 10.80's most of the day. It

was a bit faster than I thought, but the guy on it new

what he was doing on the strip. hope this helps

Regards Richard

<i></i>
I have seen 2 out at WSID, they were running consistant 11.2's, both riders were first timers to the track.

<i></i>