No PPE wearing CBD scooter riders

.jpg   images.jpg (Size: 10.26 KB / Downloads: 158)
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
This type of topic comes up all the time on every bike forum. Yes I agree you should wear protective gear when you ride, but I also think it should be each individuals choice.
You will all be bitching and whining when the government legislates that approved protective clothing must be worn and it has to meet a new government standard and the gear you currently own is not up to standard or doesn't have the correct label sown onto it (kind of like the new helmet standard). So your $2000 race suit with matching boots and gloves will be worthless.
So think very carefully when pushing the "everyone must wear full leathers/kevlar gear" barrow you might just get what you are asking for.
Would you rather pay that once for new gear, or that figure almost every year in rego and insurance once the gov has had enough of our stats and continues to try and save you from yourself the best way they know how?
(03-02-2011, 01:20pm)#CAS# Wrote: This type of topic comes up all the time on every bike forum. Yes I agree you should wear protective gear when you ride, but I also think it should be each individuals choice.
You will all be bitching and whining when the government legislates that approved protective clothing must be worn and it has to meet a new government standard and the gear you currently own is not up to standard or doesn't have the correct label sown onto it (kind of like the new helmet standard). So your $2000 race suit with matching boots and gloves will be worthless.
So think very carefully when pushing the "everyone must wear full leathers/kevlar gear" barrow you might just get what you are asking for.

My point exactly:

(01-02-2011, 08:32pm)sutur Wrote: Their choice mate. Not ours, nor the states'.
There's little incentive for any of the poorly equipped riders do so. I too see it all the time riding through the Brisbane CBD (you should have seen the speedster on his CBRRRRRRRRR this afternoon that couldn't handle that the 'busa is quicker off the lights than him). Almost nearly cleaned himself up on the back of a car, followed by a scooter, and then a bonnet of another car. Or the pretty blonde thing on a white GSXR at the Commercial Road BP, wearing a pretty frilly cotton thing with the "look at me look at me look at me" face on.

Most of us riding for any length of time have been witness to too many near misses or accidents to consider not gearing up properly.

When the full face/open face helmet discussion comes up, I usually exit it by suggesting they Google "Nothing comes between me and my Harley", and look at the first link. Don't do it if you're at all squeamish, sutur's pictures are not even in the same ballpark.
(03-02-2011, 09:58pm)evilRasp Wrote: sutur's pictures are not even in the same ballpark.

My god, he's right!
I almost threw up, you can't unsee some things. It's like someone put a firework in the back of one guy's throat and it exploded out through his face Pi_freak
(03-02-2011, 09:58pm)evilRasp Wrote: There's little incentive for any of the poorly equipped riders do so. I too see it all the time riding through the Brisbane CBD (you should have seen the speedster on his CBRRRRRRRRR this afternoon that couldn't handle that the 'busa is quicker off the lights than him). Almost nearly cleaned himself up on the back of a car, followed by a scooter, and then a bonnet of another car. Or the pretty blonde thing on a white GSXR at the Commercial Road BP, wearing a pretty frilly cotton thing with the "look at me look at me look at me" face on.

Most of us riding for any length of time have been witness to too many near misses or accidents to consider not gearing up properly.

When the full face/open face helmet discussion comes up, I usually exit it by suggesting they Google "Nothing comes between me and my Harley", and look at the first link. Don't do it if you're at all squeamish, sutur's pictures are not even in the same ballpark.

I wonder if anyone here is game enough to wear an open face on there Busa...
(05-02-2011, 05:53pm)BJK1 Wrote: I wonder if anyone here is game enough to wear an open face on there Busa...

I do all the time, its even one of those non ADR skull caps, i put a sticker on it I bought with the helmet for $20 extra. I wear it on the hot days when I am in shorts, singlet and thongs. I also recomend keeping under 250kph with thongs on, they bend down and snap the toe strap around that mark.Coolsmiley
(05-02-2011, 06:08pm)#CAS# Wrote:
(05-02-2011, 05:53pm)BJK1 Wrote: I wonder if anyone here is game enough to wear an open face on there Busa...

I do all the time, its even one of those non ADR skull caps, i put a sticker on it I bought with the helmet for $20 extra. I wear it on the hot days when I am in shorts, singlet and thongs. I also recomend keeping under 250kph with thongs on, they bend down and snap the toe strap around that mark.Coolsmiley

Lol2
I fail to see the issue love to see the office girls at the lights.