ANDRA LICENCE
Aye aye,

WSID regulars who are in the mid tens, and having licence worries, come see me at the track for a chat.
Captain. The NO-BAR movement grows - VIVA LA REVOLUTZIONE!!!!<i></i>
Any one at any ANDRA track that runs 10.50 or farster must

have a UDL. Not just people at WSID, this is evey track in OZ

that have ANDRA sanction. There is alot of racing going on

outside of WSID. Untill they change it I cant see how you can

get around it unless you start your own sanctioning body

I will get of my soap box now....................

Regards Richard <i></i>
Maybe they will trade track prep for 10.5 cutoff , pretty hard to run 10.5 or quicker on coolant.

Leonard. <i></i>
Man you have to bring that Rocket of yours up for the Winter

Nats' and see how she goes on a race preped track.

Just think about all that rubber that the group 1 guys will be

laying down..... your bike will be AWESOME on that

track. Hope to see you there..............

Regards Richard....see you at the Winter's <i></i>
Should be up there Richard, but alas it will be with the more consistant "Gold bike" as is the way of mod bike.

But if you can arrange a few "Demo Passes " between rounds I'll galdly haul "Quick Silver" up as well.

Leonard.

<i></i>
I'm only going on Bike nights only now I think, see losing customers already.
If they kick me out then I'll retire until it comes down to 10 sec.

Cheers Robert
Aren't all 'busas Copper, the others are just copy 'busas!!!!!<i></i>
The other option is to remove all the mods that are supposed to make the bike quicker.
Then you could just concentrate on improving your skill and work your way back down to 10.5.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
I was talking to Shane ( abusa ) the other week about this

and his idea was to get a new 600cc rocket and start racing

that then you wont have to watch how fast you are going

and can get on with racing. I think a 600 with some mods will

be good for mid to high 10's the cut off for the ADR's is only

11.99 thats why some guys on HOG's

can still run at the big meets and win. Food for thought

Regards Richard ( A/SB ) <i></i>
Quote:The other option is to remove all the mods that are supposed to make the bike quicker.

Busgo, the prob is the stock bike from Suzuki un modified in any way will run 10.0-10.5 with a keen rider.
Put an experianced jockey on the same bike and it will turn 9.7 to 10.0.

Leonard <i></i>
Hi Leonard,
I hear what you say but my point is that most of the part timers in our group are just getting into the low 10s with a lot of mods to help them get there and are doing the drags for fun.
Although I don't think many of them are dead serious otherwise they would be shredding weight from their bikes and bodies for the runs.
I think Simmo, Bruce, Pan and Andy could get much better times if they lost some bling from their bikes but that is how they like it.

In the end a 10 second qualifying time would be better for everyone in my opinion and it is the only way that the Drag stip owners are going to continue to attract new competition on good machinery.

Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
Id like to know how they would go with a zx14 because if its as fast as some guys from the us are saying then joe average should be marginally under 10 with some practice how can u say u cant do that on the strip but you can do it everyday on the street on a bone stock bike?? <i></i>
DAN85 the tracks are not saying you cant exceed the 10.50 cut off of course you can on just about every stock 1000 or higher cc bike and they know that, they are just playing a political game where they want everyone to be registered and licenced so they can cover their own asses if something goes wrong oh and there is the money factor also every year you have to dig into your pocket and give them some I agree with the cut off being a 9.99 but then when we all reach that we will still be whinging about that also and I think ANDRA knows that the guys that are serious about drag racing will pay the fees and those that arent will whinge and whine all they can but I really dont think they care about us that much

This is my opinion only ok so dont take it the wrong way but as far as I am concerned ANDRA is just like the rest of society cars are good bikes are bad peple that ride bikes are even worse so until this narrow mindness gets eliminated from all aspects of bikes and their riders I think we will be fighting a losing battle

But on the other hand as Leonard has said many a time before the more of us that get our ANDRA licence they more people allowed to vote and have their say on this topic and maybe with more numbers they might get the idea that we mean business

I for one will keep going to my meets and if they stop me well so be it If I was a professional drag racer with sponsers I wouldnt give a shit about the costs of getting a licence but I aint ad I think it is a bit steep for what you actually get Cheers Bill

The Blingaholic

<i></i>
Bill
Cheers Robert
Aren't all 'busas Copper, the others are just copy 'busas!!!!!<i></i>
Hell, my pilot's licence cost $21 and a medical check every 5 years worth $65.

Who's taking the greater risk, the drag strip or the fools that give me a Piper Tomahawk to fly around town in?

<i></i>
Pan,

A pilots lic, now I'm really worried.

Leonard. <i></i>