K8 Rectifiers Recall notice
Yep me too.....
I had chased this problem with local dealer who told me in Feb 2011 that the problem was not covered by warranty, further informing mr that Suzuki were "Now using a different part" I replaced rectifier (new one had to use old plugs to make fit) and this after market part still appears not to throw out consistent voltage (ranging from 12.5 to 14 volts) got letter from Suzuki dated 29th march telling me that the problem is covered under warranty on my 08 busa. Dealer 1hr away anybody know if charged battery will go distance to dealer without packing in if not receiving enough charge. Has packed in previously with old part, to be honest no longer have trust in bike
(17-04-2011, 11:29pm)stevec107 Wrote: I had chased this problem with local dealer who told me in Feb 2011 that the problem was not covered by warranty, further informing mr that Suzuki were "Now using a different part" I replaced rectifier (new one had to use old plugs to make fit) and this after market part still appears not to throw out consistent voltage (ranging from 12.5 to 14 volts) got letter from Suzuki dated 29th march telling me that the problem is covered under warranty on my 08 busa. Dealer 1hr away anybody know if charged battery will go distance to dealer without packing in if not receiving enough charge. Has packed in previously with old part, to be honest no longer have trust in bike

Take your rectifier out,drive down to the shop and swap it,you only have 2 screws and 2 inserting plugs on that loom,not difficult at all.
Took mine to CMC Mitchell, they said go have a coffee, I came back and it was done.
I got the letter. Mine is a 2010 model bike.

They had my VIN wrong.

Does the problem effect all Gen 2's, or only some in a certain VIN range?
Hi Guy's,
I received the notice in the mail but sold the busa to a guy in ACT but lost all info on him. He is a member of the club so any body know what I can or how to inform him. I do have the VIN number that I can put on this site hopping he may read it.
Cheers
john
Thanks John
(18-04-2011, 12:07pm)Troppo Wrote: I got the letter. Mine is a 2010 model bike.

They had my VIN wrong.

Does the problem effect all Gen 2's, or only some in a certain VIN range?

My 2010 was built 03/10 and I havent got a letter yet...
Update

Mine was also built 03/10.

The local Suzi shop tells me that it is not included in the recall VIN range.

Assume that the problem was fixed on the 2010 bikes.
Mine was built 3/08 but I still got the recall
Well my unit is done and dusted, had it replaced today in and out in less than an hour.

Not bad considering that they were still getting all the bikes out of the W/Shop when I rocked up 1st thing.

I couldn't have asked for a better day for a ride was just brillant.
Has anyone actually had a problem with it? Had troubles starting lately, so not sure if its from lack of riding (once a week/fortnight) or whether this fault is the
problem. Got to extract a digit and sort soon regardless...

Been through 2-3 on my previous bike (ducati) and thought I was done with that.. :(
Nothing wrong with mine but thought I may as well get it done as they are a couple of hundred bucks plus another hundred for install if ya pay the (sharks) dealership

Cheers Mick
Hay guy's,
Do you think it would be a good idea to put the VIN number here hopping that the guy from ACT who bought my LTD may see it and get it fixed?????
John
Thanks John
(07-05-2011, 11:40am)piperjon Wrote: Hay guy's,
Do you think it would be a good idea to put the VIN number here hopping that the guy from ACT who bought my LTD may see it and get it fixed?????
John

Not a good idea that you post a vin number to a bike that you don't own anymore,i don't think that he or anyone for that matter will recognise their Vin number in a post.....IMO.
I would just post up a warning of some sort advising him to call or contact you reg the issue,like that you have done your share or at least tried to make contact.

If you no his full name and Address fill out the slip in the back of the waranty book change of owner
or you can send a email direct to suzuki

vicki_booth@suzuki.com.au
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com