K8 Rectifiers Recall notice
just read a early message you say you no member is on forum send him a pm to contact suzuki to change details and get fixed
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
As mine was s/h i took my vin to the local dealer , he sent it on to Suzuki who promptly sent him a regulator , all very easy
being a low number bike it probably already had one assigned to the number just waiting to find a home.
mine is still in my garage.........
Got my bike back this morning - all good.

I am bit confused with the dealer and his service department
> when my battery died and I took it for a charge to dealer - he confirmed that the battery was dead and I couldnt crank the bike let alone bring it from my office to his dealership.
> he also confirmed that it may be due to either the age of the battery (18 months ;() or due to other electrical issues i.e. rectifiers
> he also confirmed that he will only change the recall item and I will have to pay for the battery
> I commented on this board, to Rapid and it reached Suzuki and got a email message from the service manager from Suzuki confirming that if the battery is dead then it will be replaced and requested dealer to chase the same
> Bike started couple of times after that with the same battery - just recharged
> took the bike to same dealer - he changes the recalled item and calls me saying every thing is good - the battery is good.....F*&K me how did this happen.
> The same service manager who told me - showed me on the charge meter that battery is not holding charge - delivered the bike to me saying everything is good and there is nothing wrong with the battery - it was the rectifier which he replaced
> I was never given any papers or made to sign any thing - this was a pure paperless transaction.....

I fail to understand the motives of the dealership here - either he was not telling truth before or something happened later.......

God, so pleased to be back on 2 wheels.....

Cheers
Bill
Who was your contact from suzuki Bill ? they would do nothing with my battery aswell
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
emailed you Rod
K8 battery failed in daily service very early in life. Got a cheap ebay battery and is still in service with supplementry charging ie plug into cteck. Always thought the battery voltage was slightly low when I checked it with a multimeter both at rest and engine running. Have always had trouble starting if running and stop for refuel. If I wait It starts, booked in Wednesday for rectifier change under recall hope this fixes start issue. Will report. Reported under warranty but all ok?
Thanks Bill Pi_thumbsup
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I just noticed all this happened around April 2010, looking at the posts. My rectifier died in dramatic fashion around that time too, with the effect that I was riding on the freeway and the ignition started cutting out. I thought it was fuel starvation at first, but realized it was definitely something electrical. When a code number started flashing and I saw that I had plenty of fuel, I knew I had a real problem. Luckily, the bike limped home with just enough charge by taking the freeway turnoff which led to a coast downhill (slightly) and I shifted into neutral. The bike then cut out completely but as I was rolling, I decided to put it back into gear (2nd) and bump started it enough to take the corner and roll another 200m into my garage. The bike was dead and any attempt to re-start it was not going to turn the engine over! It could have been deadly serious if it was further away from the freeway turnoff. The dealer came the next day, to pick up the bike and yep, it was the rectifier which also destroyed the battery (they said) and they replaced both. My point about all this is that the dealers were well informed about it definitely, but chose to do NOTHING until something happened. It certainly made me realize that once the bike leave the showroom, they really do not care any more. My subsequent service experience with this crowd absolutely confirmed this.
FP
can someone confirm where the rectifier is hidden?

i need to get mine replaced thru this recall and wish to strip the bike first. I dont want suzuki touching the fairing as last time the f****d them.
/
The rectifier is located under the rear belly pan just in front of the back wheel.
Remove a couple of pins and the belly pan , and there it is
That is what i thought. I rang the dealer this morning and they said its under the horn?
/
(08-02-2012, 08:36am)[UNIT] Wrote: That is what i thought. I rang the dealer this morning and they said its under the horn?

Oh well they were close...radiator starts with a r & ends with a r Lol3
Its another good reason I would rather do this myself.. Suzuki wont allow it.
/
Better get mine looked at one day, but can be stuffed loosing 1/2 a day getting F around,