running rich
hey guys just after some info from the collective here , its been 4 yrs since i lost my breif and im just starting to get the bike back to ship shape riding conditions , i recently purshased a new battery and did a fluids change ( coolant engine oil & filters ) apon starting her up which she did with no hesitation what so every i let her warm up to opperating temp which is good and the fan kicked it ,

i cracked the throttle and my girl is blowing a touch of smoke but its stinks like shes running rich so my question is should this clear up after i put some KM's on the bike , im going to get the bike flashed either way just wanting some ideas , the bike only has 33.900 km's on the clock

cheers guys
I'd check she's not leaking anywhere, then take it for a "decent" quiet ride, put 100km then check again. Keep an eye on temp and fluid levels. Stick the trailer on the car and point it down the street (incase the misses needs to come get you) don't go too far from home and carry a phone.

Hang on this is the 'busa site not the Harley site.

Maaate, probably just needs a japanese tune up - take it out, find a big straight and hold it flat out. Fixed! Embarassed
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(25-02-2011, 04:21pm)Ward P Wrote: I'd check she's not leaking anywhere, then take it for a "decent" quiet ride, put 100km then check again. Keep an eye on temp and fluid levels. Stick the trailer on the car and point it down the street (incase the misses needs to come get you) don't go too far from home and carry a phone.

Maaate, probably just needs a japanese tune up - take it out, find a big straight and hold it flat out. Fixed! Embarassed

yeah ward still not able to ride till april but im getting it spruced up for rego and i would get strangled if i was riding it
cheers guys thanks heaps for all you imput
(25-02-2011, 04:24pm)big kev Wrote:
(25-02-2011, 04:21pm)Ward P Wrote: I'd check she's not leaking anywhere, then take it for a "decent" quiet ride, put 100km then check again. Keep an eye on temp and fluid levels. Stick the trailer on the car and point it down the street (incase the misses needs to come get you) don't go too far from home and carry a phone.

yeah ward still not able to ride till april but im getting it spruced up for rego and i would get strangled if i was riding it

Knuppel2 I've got hidden cameras on your street buddy! Knuppel2

If you ride before April, don't worry about the Police. Be worried about some dude in a big white Volvo following you! Knuppel2
(02-03-2011, 09:09am)pan Wrote:
(25-02-2011, 04:24pm)big kev Wrote:

Knuppel2 I've got hidden cameras on your street buddy! Knuppel2

If you ride before April, don't worry about the Police. Be worried about some dude in a big white Volvo following you! Knuppel2

BWHAHAHAHAHAHA yeah PAN THE PUNISHER Knuppel2Knuppel2 or is it the SHRINKANATOR