Excellent day out
Well, Richard (Fat Busa Racing) and myself went to the sportsbike shootout at willowbank for the April 1st Sportsbike shootout.. the day started out by picking up my busa up from LAE Racing where it just got dyno'd... took it for a ride around the street where i experienced a little tank slapper which scared the hell outta me.. We then went to Willowbank.

Being the first time I have ever ridden the turbo busa in a drag race I was finding it hard to harness the 260+hp and only dipped into the 10sec bracket once.. It was surely an eye opener for me.. Hanging onto this bike was a big effort and have never experienced such power and 'pull' of a bike b4...

Richard provided me good advice at tips which gave me more confidence..

During the night session, Richard jumped on the busa and got it down into low 10's (which is very impressive considering this is his 1st time ever riding a turbo busa)

But our night ended after a Richard done a few passes all in the mid/low 10's when our fan melted and cut a hole in the core of the radiator and causing coolent to spill out everywhere...

All in all, a great time we had and it was great to finally have the oportunity to drag my busa for the 1st time sincing buying it.

I'd like to say a HUGE thankyou to Richard (Fat Busa Racing) for sooooo much support and help he has given me and my turbo busa over the last couple of days... It is very much appricated..

If anyone has any pics of the day, please post them up..

cheers.
Regards
Grant

www.blingpartsaustralia.com.au

My pride and joy<i></i>
Glad you had fun Grant and was great to finally meet you here is a couple of shots I managed to get while I couldnt race anymore due to tyre wear

The mad scientists pondering what went wrong

Grant doing a smokey

me showing Grant how to do real smokey's pity my best ride of the day was a 10:86

Cheers Bill

The Blingaholic

<i>Edited by: Xhiler8r&nbsp; at: 2/4/06 9:01 pm
</i>
Grant I also uploaded a video for you

media.putfile.com/MacBusa-Burnout

Leonard showing us how to warm the tyre up

media.putfile.com/Leonard-Burnout

One of me launching off the line

Xhiler8r's Burnout
Cheers Bill

The Blingaholic

<i>Edited by: Xhiler8r&nbsp; at: 2/4/06 7:56 pm
</i>
thats good stuff Bill.. thankyou..

oh.. also, it was great to meet members of ozbusa.com as well... good to put names to faces..

cheers. Regards
Grant

www.blingpartsaustralia.com.au

My pride and joy<i></i>
Hey Guys Great to meet you all. Didn't get there til 5pm but got in 8 runs... 3 x 10.0's.(new PB)

Won't last long though... 9's next time!!!

<i></i>
Oh hey that was you!, I was the one showing you where to get the printouts and how to read them.. and beat you on a stock bike with my fat arse on it. (Black n purple stocko bus)

Well I beat you once and it was only your second go but hey I beat a turbo busa and that is the only part of the story I will be telling everyone about

BTW nice to meet you !

Big thanks to Shayne as well. Gave me some tips and looking at the video I didn't listen to real well but I still got a PB and getting much more confident so once again thanks mate. Might try and lose some of this gut so I can actualy get down on the bloody tank

Shane
Jimboomba QLD
<i></i>
10.0's !!!
Woo hoo.
Go Dan.

Red/blacks rule.

"riding, not posting... as much"<i></i>
..... ....

What a f*&^ing rush.......................I have never ridden a

TURBO bike before and it was AWESOME...... Just trying to

hang on to the Bitch was hard enough. I think with a bit more

track time and some suspension tuning I thinkthis thing will

FLY . Thanks to Grant ( McBusa ) for giving me the

opportunityto take such a WEAPON of MASS DESTRUCTION

out for a play................Thank You

When you get back home you can have a good play on my

1397 and feel the difference of an (all motor ) Bike

Thanks to all that came out and supported the Sport Bike

Shoot Out. Now go and get your ANDRA licence and come

and Race me at the Sun State Nat's at Mackay

Regards Richard........f*** I love the Drags............

Race me <i></i>
RE-:: fan melted and cut a hole in the core of the radiator and causing coolent to spill out everywhere... )

Giday sounds and looks like it was a great time had on the
1/4 mile strip.
. RE:- Melt down,It sounds like is time for twin aluminium fans side by side with a remote switch. and sme heat shield ,Man those turbo Busas put
out the heat. My last turbo bike could and would & did leave burnt dead patches on the lawn. Blamed the dog for a while then woke up to the heat factor,

EX Girl has nasty burn on inside of her right leg she will back
me up on the heat factor

<i></i>
Really good to catch up with the Shanes and meeting up with the rest of the members who were only names till now,Bill,Richard,Grant,Chopperbob etc.

Thankyou for making me and my family feel welcome.

See you all soon.

Leonard.
<i></i>
So Leonard when you packing the Family and moving up here you know you want to I could see it in your eyes just the way you were looking at our lovely drag strip the terrific weather and the friendly people that were around you what more reasons would you need Cheers Bill

The Blingaholic

<i></i>
Funny you should mention moving up to Qld.....

The subject was brought up more than once, will have to see where life takes us I suppose.

Leonard. <i></i>
Some piccies taken by the guys at AustralianDragBike

www.australiandragbike.com.au/sbshootout.htm

Shayne

<i></i>