my blue and silver, a little worse for wear
Scary
Ouch that looks painful Skidmarx

Hope you get well soon.

I bet your sick of being told about wearing leathers after this.

you have my vote of sympathy I bet you have people telling you to give it up after losing that much skin. Hope you "get back on the horse" as they say and don't give up riding.
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.
Cotton pants t shirt and 140 i think your lucky could have been alot worse i have seen people worse at a 60klh slide with t shirt etc .
Hope you heel soon and get the beast back on the road
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Shit skidmarx i use to own that bike before mark looked a bit better then that few new panels and exhaust and you will be off. Of course safety gear would have helped you out but i bet 99% of riders on here would have done the same before shit shorts slappers quick run to the shop few wheelys everyones guilty of it and dont tell me you havent.
Mate, it hurts to look at it but hard to fel really sorry for you if you are riding in a T-shirt and without gloves Scary Are you sure you weren't auditing for that rider protection commerial with Mick Doohan? I am sure your feet are OK Lol3 , and bar the broken bone, all of this bloody stuff was avoidable. Learn the lesson and heal well and quickly. We miss you on the road. The "fat girl" looks very fixable. They are build like a russian tanks Yes
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
You gotta look on the bright side! you can still walk and talk.

At 140 safety gear wouldn't have done much good had you hit a tree, or gone under a truck. So try and work out why it happenned! That's way more important than wishing you were wearing the right gear!

So . . . custom ????
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(01-03-2011, 10:50pm)Ward P Wrote: You gotta look on the bright side! you can still walk and talk.

At 140 safety gear wouldn't have done much good had you hit a tree, or gone under a truck. So try and work out why it happenned! That's way more important than wishing you were wearing the right gear!

So . . . custom ????

I do think myself extremly lucky, im still stuck on how it happened, great piece of smooth road, no potholes, and i was going strait, now that i think of it, the bike did give me a bit of a tank slap once riding home from work, i gripped the bars harder and it stopped (i ride with loose hands to counter vibration numbness), and the last thing i remember before hitting the assphelt was one big allmighty slap, iv been going over it every day trying to figure it out, that coupled with shinkos, and a damp road im guessing, i dont know, iv been riding hotted up litre bikes for the last couple of years, and definatly rode them harder than i have the busa, ill definatly be getting back n the horse, but this has put a huge dent in my confidence,

Bike will be back bigger and better, have quite a few plans for it now, its definatly going to be different, just gota find the info, the measurments, and the parts ;)

And i think i may drop some heavyer oil into the steering damper, and set the suspension up properly

Cheers, ash
my old Katana did something similar to me years ago [lucky not to come off twice] it turned out to be bad rear wheel bearings causing it.Just a thought perhaps check the front and rear bearings.
Once the pain stops then the itching startsPi_freak
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
bit of an update Very Happy, im a very fast healer, iv just managed to con the doc into letting me go back to work 8 weeks early on extreme light dutys, iv got all my skin and meat back, no thanks to the public health system f*&^ing up my dressings constantly,

little story, then some pics

so i was admited the day of the accident, sunday 13th of feb, xrays showed fractured shoulder with bad rotator cuff(???) damage, 10 hours it took them to clean and cover all my wounds, pump me full of morphine, then told me to go home and come back on the wednesday for surgery

admited again wednesday in the worst pain id ever felt, the surgion tells me they will be able to repair my shoulder with wire, i have the surgery, then as im waking up they tell me they had fitted 4 screws as the damage was worse than they thought, and they had changed my dressings in theater, when they done this they forgot to put they acticote on, (silver shit that stops dressings from sticking to wounds), 3 days later still in hospital and the nurse just started shredding my dressings off and ripped all my almost new skin off, the nurse then put the acticote on and used a different dressing, wich also turned out to be wrong and did more damage than good,

basicly this happened a few times, as none of the nurses realy had any idea what they were doing, 2 weeks after surgery i get out of hospital, and have been healing since, showing my misses how to do my dressings, and hey what do you know, im a better nurse than the ones at the hospital.

had new xrays done last friday for the doc to check on how my shoulder is going, i look at the xrays and theres only 2 screws, and one of them is missing a washer, wtf?? honestly if these doctors and nurses knew any less about what they were doing im sure id be dead, so now i have no faith in the public health system, sorry for the rant, heres some pics Very Happy

sorry about the quality, done with camera phone

You do heal quick ,looking good .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Farrrkkkk.....i knew u had an off from all the recent posts, skid.....but i'm only juz seeing all the original pics NOW.....coz I was away for WSB when ya 1st posted them!!!

Nice fresh clean NEW skin >>>> dontcha juz love the human bodys' amazing ability to heal itself!!! Pi_thumbsup Kudos to our maker......he/she/it/they truly got something right there!!! Clap

I'll never bag u or anyone else re: protective gear! Until it becomes law....it is STILL the individuals choice!! Most long-term bike riders, here and anywhere else, if they are truly HONEST with themselves, would have to admit that they have at some time, either in the past, or currently, ride in LESS than absolute FULL protective gear....occasionally!!! Undecided

All it means is that we simply add ONE more layer of RISK to what is ALREADY a risky situation.....as long as the individual can ACCEPT that risk, and any possible CONSEQUENCES (harsh or otherwise) that go with it....SO BE IT!!!! (...roll the dice, and take ur chances!) Pi_thumbsup

Hope ya keep healing up well, mate.....and get back out there enjoying it all again soon....Yes

Coolsmiley

ps: put a list of parts up that you need......you'll be surprised how many ppl have got some stuff juz "lying around", gathering dust....
This is a good post Skid, we've all done it and I know complacency on my part takes over on the odd occasion and I wear less than I should. A graphic reminder is a good thing. Stay positive and upright.

Fast
I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.
- Mae West
Wow man, that is a remarkable recovery Clap Wish that bikes were able to heal like that Lol3.

Yeap, post what parts you need to fix the old girl. I have some levers -clutch and brake (from Gen 2 but they might fit (???) I can donate. I am sure others will help as well.

Hope you are back on the road Biker soon.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
ps: put a list of parts up that you need......you'll be surprised how many ppl have got some stuff juz "lying around", gathering dust....

Yeah, I'd be asking Bazman first coz he buys shit for his bike left, right & centre, but I'm sure it's making the shelves in his shed look all bling-bling!! Coolsmiley Lol3

Sorry Bazman couldn't miss an opportunity.
hahaha, cheers guys, the bikes going to have a bit of a transformation, unless someone has got half a gixxer laying around Biker the rest will be replaced with aftermarket stuff

i absolutly love the busa, and would never want to hurt its feelings, but i PERSONALY (see that? means u dont have to get all narky :P) think there extremly ugly, and very FAT, so now that most of it has to be replaced, is the perfect opertunity to tart the old girl up a bit Very Happy
little bit of an update, not much has happened lately, went back to work a while ago, but still on light dutys for a couple more weeks, everything has healed up pretty good, shoulder still giving grief and has only half the movement it used to, pretty confident that i will be able to ride again,

finally put a spanner to the big girl, have the RH fairings off, have to replace the starter idler cover as it wore through, will be peeling the clutch cover off aswell to make sure its safe and sound, but there doesnt appear to be any oil dribbling out of the clutch cover, have managed to remove all the warn off fairing bolts with the help of some reverse drill bits, and have now fitted the new brake and clutch levers (fake genuine pazzos :P)