General Suzuki recall for Reg/Rec details...
Here in new zealand we have just got the letters for the re-call for this fault now its a waiting game for the dealers to get the part to fix it. i think its good that suzuki are replacing them all it must be an expensive thing to do with all the bikes they sell around the world and the fact that not all the bikes are doing it. mines an 09 i got 15000k on it and so far no problem. Pi_thumbsup to suzuki.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
My bike is already affected by this :(.
spoke to my local suzuki mechanic craig from sydney city at kogarah and he said that it was from 07 onwareds that need this done , he said my 04 is not affected and was not on the national recall ,

im just posting up the info i was told

cheers
From the recall info it looks like only all the bikes manufactured in 2008 and 2009 are affected. That might include some of the early 2010 bikes as well as it is possible that they were manufactured in late 2009 - check the compliance plate (if that info can be trusted at all)
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Some things never change!! Early to mid eighties Suzukis were infamous for this fault. My GS650GD Katana shafty cooked the battery and took out the CDI Ignition as a consequence of a faulty reg. Got it replaced and it did the same thing!!!!!(OOOOH I think I can hear Barbara Streisand in the background.Roll
I've got the last of the Gen1 bikes from 2007 so I hope it's not them as well.
It's a week by week charade.
My B King has to go in for a check . I was told that although my vin number shows the recall , not all recalled bikes are effected. Depends on the "batch" of reg/rectifiers used at the time but has to go in for the check. Mates 010 Blue/white Busa went in last Friday.
Has anyone in Australia received an official letter from the dealer yet? I spoke with mine and he was not even aware of it Wtf This might be another wait and see by Suzuki. We change it but not untill you get stranded somwhere 200 kays from home and then then push the bike to the dealer ScaryScary
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(10-04-2011, 12:09pm)Shifu Wrote: Has anyone in Australia received an official letter from the dealer yet? I spoke with mine and he was not even aware of it Wtf This might be another wait and see by Suzuki. We change it but not untill you get stranded somwhere 200 kays from home and then then push the bike to the dealer ScaryScary

I just got my letter on Friday.
Got my letter today. The recall is to make a booking for "the procedure to be carried out".
That could mean simple inspection or replacement if necessary.
I have had no probs in the 3 years that I've had the bike and it now has 45,000ks.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
Busgo
Go in and ask for replacement - I had no problems until it suddenly happened.:(
Got my letter today, my K9 is booked in.
If it's too loud....You're too old!
If it's too fast....You're too old!
If it's too sexy....You're ???
They are all being replaced as a precautionary measure and I would say on a Gen II Busa it's a 10 minute job absolute outside. Two bolts and two loom plugs to R&R
The letters have only been slow in coming due to Suzuki building stocks of units to cater for the demand.
Chin up .........lifes short. Pi_thumbsup
Im not fussed, mine is OK, infact, as far as im concerned, mine is faultless!