Aftermarket Fairings
I want to make a few observations.

1. That a set of fairings whilst perhaps cheap if one were to only pay postage, wouldnt be of much use to say someone as myself. Because they wont be original, they probably wont have the inserts, and they will not be a 100% color match as Jennifer pointed out and understandable at that because they dont claim on using manufacturers color codes.

2. These fairings ideally would suit one that has need of a new set due to originals being damaged and is willing to go for a non original suzuki color.

3. A set of these fairings would suit an owner that perhaps wants a complete color change and is not afraid to go say for some radically different color scheme rather then trying to match up Suzuki's original colors.

4. I have no hesitations in endorsing Bazman for a set but am unsure of Remsta. Being that - he has barely been in the club 5 months since buying a brand new 2010 which obviously is in mint condition. I assure you its nothing personal but perhaps theres someone here either more deserving or qualified. And when I say qualified I mean having plenty experience in taking "Hayabusa" fairings apart and re-mounting them. Such an individual would know what to look for and is very familiar with all the panels and the way they ought to be. Im unsure whether remsta has ever taken apart his busa fairings and if he has it wouldnt have been on many occasions. Something to consider.

5. An important condition of this trial is that the fairings are NOT sought simply to make money off by getting a cheap set then at some time in the future off loading them on ebay for a profit.

These are just some points I wish to raise and perhaps open for discussion. Perhaps there are other interested parties too but may be afraid of stepping on others toes, so are quiet about it all. Either way it should be by consensus of members present, and not by self appointed individuals.

I hope I am sounding and being fair. I am happy to go along with whatever the consensus shows including endorsing Remsta if it shows that.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
(24-03-2011, 06:26pm)Rev004 Wrote: I don't see the point of a member that has both model Busas doing the review (no dis-respect to those people) as we really only get one point of view but with 2 different people regardless of who they are you will get a fairer conclusion which people can draw on to make their own conclusions.

My coment of taking Both sets was a Joke i have a k3 and k8 people that have seen my bikes would no i would not put after market panels on my bike . I have even gone out and bought factory panels when i have had little scratches Im fussy (Verry)Very Happy

A good Gen two owner would be Timmyotool he has done over 80,000ks on his K9 replaced the fairings with a after market set that were not up to scratch so he would no if anyone what these sets are like .
I have not spoke to Timmy about this and he might have no intrest at all.
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I reckon go the boob man .................... I mean baz man and the Remsta ...................... if anyone deams you fitting them a problem Remsta ship them here and I'll fit them Pi_thumbsup I have the experience I reckon .................... plus I also have oxy Scary
My push for the Remsta is because as has been stated he was after a set long before the "freebie" offer came along and is certianly not just jumping on the band wagon. If you go and check previous posts both the Baz and Rem offered to buy before the generous offer was made.
Good stuff Jennifer and your company Pi_thumbsup
Just a suggestion here.

I'll pay the postage for the gen 2 set then give them and my bike to Terry Jackson who most know here as a fairing expert, he has worked for many years making replacement race and custom bike fairings and now runs his own custom fibreglass business.

I will pay for him to fit them to my bike and make totally independent comments on the product. I'll pay for Terry's time.

Once we have his comments we can auction the fairings either here on line or at Tathra with the proceeds going to the club to spend on the next club do.

Rem I'm not trying to undermine you mate, you can bid at the auction and still end up with a cheaper set of panels that you will know either fit or not. You guys can pick the colour scheme from Jennifer.
Wow, I didn't see this coming.

Lol2 Lol2 Lol2 Lol2
ok i will go for that do it blackzook just get a set of blue silver to suit 2004 and i will kick the bidding off and go for gold at the end of bidding.
Firstly Rem there is nothing underhanded going on here from me at all. My offer is totally above board my hesitation is based on your relative newness to the club and not on you as a person. If you want me to withdraw my offer I will.

The vendor is after an unbiased review, what could be more unbiased than being fitted and reviewed by a professional and then auctioned off to club members. If they are crap they go to the tip and the only one out of pocket is me.

Gix Im talking about gen 2 fairings here as my gen 1 turbo is extended, side panels are cut for the turbo air filter so the tail piece and left side panel would not fit.
Thats a verry good offer by Bruce to get fair independent comments We have to look at this from a club view and sorry Rem you have not been around long enough to give a review on behalf of the club.

And no i defently dont want them
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(24-03-2011, 09:44pm)ROD Wrote: Thats a verry good offer by Bruce to get fair independent comments We have to look at this from a club view and sorry Rem you have not been around long enough to give a review on behalf of the club.

And no i defently dont want them

And yet there seems to be plenty of long term members who believe I can.
i cant see any logic in this thread guys maybe i need it explained by pan over a latte some time so what does it matter whom buys these fairings ? or whom writes a review on them ?

PLEASE EXPLAIN
Jennifer, I really don't care about free or discounted fairings, all I care about is getting a high quality fairing as soon as possible.
As soon as you made your very generous offer, I knew what was coming next.
Truth is that if it had all worked out and the fairing was everything you say it is, I was going to offer to pay the balance of a full fairing to your favorite charity anyway. There are a few members around here who have gotten to know me well enough to know that to be the truth.
I'll get in touch soon via email and organise an order soon.

Thanks heaps to those members who have shown support for Bazman and I.
(24-03-2011, 10:36pm)Remsta Wrote: Jennifer, I really don't care about free or discounted fairings, all I care about is getting a high quality fairing as soon as possible.
Truth is that if it had all worked out and the fairing was everything you say it is, I was going to offer to pay the balance of a full fairing to your favorite charity anyway. There are a few members around here who have gotten to know me well enough to know that to be the truth.

thats the best way mate just order a set mate , hope to see read what your thourts are on them
(24-03-2011, 10:39pm)big kev Wrote:
(24-03-2011, 10:36pm)Remsta Wrote: Jennifer, I really don't care about free or discounted fairings, all I care about is getting a high quality fairing as soon as possible.

thats the best way mate just order a set mate , hope to see read what your thourts are on them

Yep, far less painful than knives in the back.
(24-03-2011, 10:28pm)big kev Wrote: i cant see any logic in this thread guys maybe i need it explained by pan over a latte some time so what does it matter whom buys these fairings ? or whom writes a review on them ?

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Kev, there are plenty of long term members who can explain what really just happened. It was done with slight of hand as well as smoke and mirrors.
No knives in the back here Can i just ask 1 more Question how many members have you met , you could be a 15 year old kid as far as most of us no And get the fairing kit to sell to buy a new skateboard Lol3
But if you personly no a few members that can vouch for you well all good.
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(24-03-2011, 10:28pm)big kev Wrote: i cant see any logic in this thread guys maybe i need it explained by pan over a latte some time so what does it matter whom buys these fairings ? or whom writes a review on them ?

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Dont just read half the thread Kev Pi_thumbsup
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com