New PB.
Hey Leonard... what octane fuel do you recommend? I have read different articles that reckon 98 octane can rob HP? Obviously I don't use shell, usually Bp ultimate. <i></i>
Umm Errr Well, I use Shell PULP never had a problem yet even used it on Turbo to 10 psi.
I suppose I can give bp a go and see what happens.

I won't recomemed anything but I'll share my experiances and you can make up your own mind.

Leonard. <i></i>
Whats wrong with Optimax?
Thats all I have ever used in mine, maybe a tank or 2 of BP.

I have heard all the stories, but I am yet to actually meet anyone who has had a problem with it. <i></i>
Optimax has some sort of additive that can turn into a reson like substance. Can ruin valves and pistons. Optimax cost me $4500 for new pistons in my 500hp V8 Fairmont (common problem). Almost all high performance workshops recommend not using it. I wont even put it in my shitter Torana tow car now. <i></i>
From what i have read on the US boards some are having trouble with the Ethanol in some fuels reacting with the MTBE in others causing a black gum residue blocking injectors,filters etc, the fix is change the filters and don't mix your fuels. I DON'T know how relevent this is to our fuels. <i></i>
I have had problems with both my tx3 turbo and my xr6turbo with shell optimax. as both were tuned and had advanced timing to buggery tuned for 98 octane shell varied alot and caused cars to ping if left or boost. bp ultimate and vortex 8000 seemed to be consistent never had a problem with pinging
<i></i>