New Dyno in Perth
Have been using copper but its difficult when traveling to find a machine shop capable of modifying heads and blocks so i'm back to good studs and cometic gaskets .

never had much luck with getting these repaired, weldup area seems softer than the original material and valves keep getting out of adjustment,and i don't trust that to hold seats ... so i just get another head , only a mild port job which i am capable of doing , many would be surprised at how much i don't spend to make over 300hp on a 750 , great little engine, baby brother to the busa ;)
Yeah ok, the 1/2 Busa...and nearly twice the HP, that thing must be like an F1 car??

Have you had the valve seats come loose before?

Do they try and bury themselves deeper into their recess?
never waited to find out ,std the clearances never change ,not like i'm doing many miles between rebuilds... so when the repaired cyl had a clearance problem after a flogging ,i replaced the head...

Takes a while to get on boost with the way tall gearing ,big cams,low compression and big turbo
sort of luggs off the line and barely makes ground ...slowly building revs till it hits the sweet spot then just zings ,like a mental 2 stroke
Ah yeah, didn't think of the gearing slowing you down at low rpms, coupled with the lag in the snail.

Is anyone milling billet cyl heads for the 750?
Bet their expensive and just as prone to being torched in the same fashion..
Hey! Did anyone hear about the new dyno in Perth? Very Happy
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(26-04-2011, 10:58pm)Belzybob Wrote: Hey! Did anyone hear about the new dyno in Perth? Very Happy

Yeah, I think the bike shop at GPR Trucks on Orrong Rd in Welshpool just got one.
Well all you WA guys putting the Busa in Next week for Brett to do his magic with the ECU Yes Re-Flashing.

Will let you know how I get on Very Happy
(16-06-2011, 10:40pm)Rev004 Wrote: Well all you WA guys putting the Busa in Next week for Brett to do his magic with the ECU Yes Re-Flashing.

Will let you know how I get on Very Happy
'

Cool, watch this space.....
Well Fellers the bike has been Re-Flashed and all is good, haven't done many K's as I've only just picked the Bike up but intial thoughts are.
Bike is running Nice Crisp, Seems to pull stronger especially from 6500-7000rpm through to the top end & Brett is a really good guy down to earth and the way he talks about bikes you tell he shares a passion like we do. Pi_thumbsup

I've have picked up an additional 14-15HP up top and the Torque has improved as well so all in all Yes I'm very happy and will let you know some more once I go for a Descent Run.
(22-06-2011, 05:12pm)Rev004 Wrote: Well Fellers the bike has been Re-Flashed and all is good, haven't done many K's as I've only just picked the Bike up but intial thoughts are.
Bike is running Nice Crisp, Seems to pull stronger especially from 6500-7000rpm through to the top end & Brett is a really good guy down to earth and the way he talks about bikes you tell he shares a passion like we do. Pi_thumbsup

I've have picked up an additional 14-15HP up top and the Torque has improved as well so all in all Yes I'm very happy and will let you know some more once I go for a Descent Run.

WoW, so all that you did was do a reflash and picked up 14-15hp, thats incredable, I usually have to add parts to the engine to get that sort of increase.

Leonard.
(22-06-2011, 05:40pm)Legend Wrote: WoW, so all that you did was do a reflash and picked up 14-15hp, thats incredable, I usually have to add parts to the engine to get that sort of increase.

Leonard.

Yes I would have to agree I was suprised by the increase and Brett that did work was impressed as well. The HP really starts to build from the 6500-7000 like I mentioned right through to 10500 and is where the bike had the biggest gains all the bike has had done is a Yoshi 4-2-1 with R22 Can & KN Air Filter at that's it.

Before the Re-Flash 179 RWHP and after the Re-Flash 194 RWHP and Brett seems to think if it was on another Dyno as the dyno that he uses reads slightly different to others the bike would be 200+ at RW.

Anyway time will tell when I go for descent run but hey it's all about the fun at the end of the day.

(22-06-2011, 05:12pm)Rev004 Wrote: I'm very happy and will let you know some more once I go for a Descent Run.

With all that extra oomph you should be able to go for an uphill run too Lol3
(24-06-2011, 11:38pm)Belzybob Wrote:
(22-06-2011, 05:12pm)Rev004 Wrote: I'm very happy and will let you know some more once I go for a Descent Run.

With all that extra oomph you should be able to go for an uphill run too Lol3

Lol3 Oh well I'm sure everyone knew what I meant....

Hi, it's Brett here from Tokyo Motorsports.
Hi Danny, long time no speek mate, hows things up in sunny townsville?
Hi Pete, hows shauns busa going, swapped out the water injection for the I/C yet.
Hi Legend, is that you Leonard? If so, hows the new bike build going? i saw you're still going for the illusive 200mph run...
& Hi to all the busa riders in WA. Hope to here from all of you at some stage about reflashing your bikes. Refer Kev......
Wow Rev004!

Gonna give him a phone call.
No trophies, no flowers, no flashbubs, no wine,
He is haunted by something he can not define.
The Distance, CAKE.