Got the Bastard
I have been trying to get my hands on a 99 fuel pump for the last month or so but have had no luck Suzuki Australia wanted $850 plus postageScary Suzuki USA wanted $600 plus postage I have looked and contacted almost every wrecker in Australia with no luck Ebay loads of in tank ones but 99-2000 are as rare as hens teeth.

Then I was talking to my father in-law and he said just try soaking in some RP7 it may loosen it up so down to supercheap I went bought to cans of RP7 emptied both cans into a container its been soaking for 3 weeks now and today I tried to get it to go but alas no go.

I was just about to give up and go the Bosh or Walbro inline pump way when I read on an article on the net and his solution was to soak in RP7 or WD40 for a while then give the pump some firm taps with the wooden handle of a hammer or something similar and then turn the impellar with a nail or something similar I had tried this before but had no luck.

But this time I dropped the pump on the garage floorEek after a few more expletives and the wife coming down to the garage to see what I was carrying on about I hooked the pump back up to the battery and away she went the pump not the wife.Yes

So tomorrow I will put it all back together and keep my finger crossed all goes well.

Let you know what happens.

Jim
Some advise Jim, I would still persue a pump for your bike even if it does work. Its stopped once, it will do it again.

Leonard.
Not that i would advise it but i have reverse powered a pump and run it backwards to free up a pump clogged with foreign material,
also have electric fuel pumps on machinery that needed a tap to get them working at first startup , then they were good all day, but not long till the tap became a thump then the bin...
Reminds me of my old XF ghia I had to belt the starter solenoid with a shifter to get her to start.

Great car for a drive by unless you stalled it
would inox work beter wd40 is no good
good luck with it
(16-04-2011, 07:39pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote: Reminds me of my old XF ghia I had to belt the starter solenoid with a shifter to get her to start.

Great car for a drive by unless you stalled it

Do the same thng with my Hilux now Pi_thumbsup