F1 Light is on :( help please
HI guys - went to ride the bike today after it had been sitting for some months - put a new battery on it --- started it up --- f1 light comes on - motor is not running smooth --

had a full set of injectors put on about 1 year ago - and the bike has only done about 1500 km since put on -- should i suspect they are dirty ? ( full service was done at same time )

should i just go take it for a run and load it up - or is it going to be something a little more ?

Boc
Hayabusa , If your not on one , your behind one .....
maybe the fuel has gone off?
(07-05-2011, 09:41am)larra Wrote: maybe the fuel has gone off?

a possibility - but will this make the f1 light come on ? - if so -- will put some fresh stuff and ( after cleaning out old stuff )
(07-05-2011, 09:25am)Ozboc Wrote: HI guys - went to ride the bike today after it had been sitting for some months....
Boc

I'm no expert Boc (far from it, actually!!) but if it's been sitting for "some months" (...2,3,4,6 months?!?Undecided) very good chance your fuel has turned to shite!! Pi_freak
....ya might wanna drain it all out and whack some fresh stuff in (some injector cleaner might help too!) Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley
Thanks Guys -- looks like my mission today is to clean fuel out and refresh the system ---- on another note - just had all the comancheros ride through bega yesterday and this morning ---- must be a meeting on somewhere ...
Hey Boc, let us know how ya go with it - and on ANOTHER (very important) note - make sure your all good for the Busa Bash this year......we're all coming down (and up and across!) to play in YOUR backyard again.....2-3-4 December!!!! Pi_thumbsupBikerPi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley
Put it in dealer mode and get the F1 code ............... that will tell you what problem is Pi_thumbsup
I have not started my bike once for over a year when it was in storage when i mooved from Tassie to Vic and had no problem with fuel just get to servo and top up with new fuel Must of been Tassies fresh water in the fuel Lol3
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Tried new fuel ( after totally draining old fuel ) No go - got multimeter out - 12.5 at battery - 13.8 when bike running so thats also charging --- guess next step if fuel injector cleaner -- this bike is a 2000 model so cant put it into dealer mode that i am aware of ??
(07-05-2011, 10:47am)Ozboc Wrote: Tried new fuel ( after totally draining old fuel ) No go - got multimeter out - 12.5 at battery - 13.8 when bike running so thats also charging --- guess next step if fuel injector cleaner -- this bike is a 2000 model so cant put it into dealer mode that i am aware of ??

Did the early models not have the plug left lide of ecu tucked under rear duct tail

I will get manual out and have look
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(07-05-2011, 11:23am)ROD Wrote:
(07-05-2011, 10:47am)Ozboc Wrote: Tried new fuel ( after totally draining old fuel ) No go - got multimeter out - 12.5 at battery - 13.8 when bike running so thats also charging --- guess next step if fuel injector cleaner -- this bike is a 2000 model so cant put it into dealer mode that i am aware of ??

Did the early models not have the plug left lide of ecu tucked under rear duct tail

I will get manual out and have look

Yeah Rod, you're 100% correctormondo Very Happy

Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
Dirty fuel wont cause FI light,
Blocked injector wont cause FI light,
An injector thats stuck wont cause FI light.

A disconected Injector or faulty injector will.

Find the dealler plug like Rod suggested and bridge it out, otherwise your wasting valuble riding time.Very Happy

Leonard.
bugger - there virtually brand new injectors paid a fortune from the guy in liverpool and had a huge argument with him at the time --- ok will search for dealer plug - bridge out and see if i get a code from it ....