latest "best tyres" for Busas
What's the latest favourite donut for Busas?
hey bear,
it really depends on what the individual riders' priority is >>>
if u want maximum "SUPER" sticky traction on a warm road surface....i reckon ya can't go past the Bridgestone BT003!
This is, IMHO, the best 'street legal' track tyre you can buy!!! I don't think u'll find another tyre that works better in IDEAL temperature conditions!
But just don't expect to get much mileage outta them (....not great in the wet, either....due to very minimal tread pattern on the outer edges)!
Coolsmiley
I like Michelin Pilot Road 2 for touring and wet grip
http://www.jakewilson.com is doing them for USD 340 delivered to your door in 6 days.
(16-05-2011, 06:59pm)Dal Wrote: I like Michelin Pilot Road 2 for touring and wet grip
http://www.jakewilson.com is doing them for USD 340 delivered to your door in 6 days.

+1......I got my last pair from rockymountainatv.com and paid around the same for mine.

Avon Storm (was Viper) for me
Regards

Andy

Live life like it's the 2 minute warning
My Way is the Highway
When life throws you a curve..lean into it

(16-05-2011, 05:51pm)bazman Wrote: hey bear,
it really depends on what the individual riders' priority is >>>
if u want maximum "SUPER" sticky traction on a warm road surface....i reckon ya can't go past the Bridgestone BT003!
This is, IMHO, the best 'street legal' track tyre you can buy!!! I don't think u'll find another tyre that works better in IDEAL temperature conditions!
But just don't expect to get much mileage outta them (....not great in the wet, either....due to very minimal tread pattern on the outer edges)!
Coolsmiley

Im with Baz on this thread, i have my first set on my K9, absolutley loving them!
Do yourself a favour.......but like Baz said: just don't expect to get much mileage outta them (....not great in the wet, either....due to very minimal tread pattern on the outer edges)! Pi_thumbsup
(16-05-2011, 06:59pm)Dal Wrote: I like Michelin Pilot Road 2 for touring and wet grip

+2. Fantastic all rounder, 12,000kms & still going
I really like the new power pures. Really noticed the handling improvment from the lighter tyre and they stick pretty well too.
(17-05-2011, 07:12pm)Cam Wrote:

+2. Fantastic all rounder, 12,000kms & still going

+3. The new Pilot Road 3 is supposed to better again!
The 3 has a 190/55 if that's your preference Biker

People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
I've had Bridgestones OEM, Dunlops, Michelin road, power and pures and now Metzlers. They are all good tyres, well perhaps not the Dunlops , they have all performed well for 99% of my riding. If you are an average rider I think any of the newer tyres will make you happy...... It's then just the price that can be the decider.
After having pures on my R1 im keen on them again for the busa, beautifull tyres, but someone had a concern that the busa may be to heavy for them?? Anyone have an opinion on that?
This is my question, what's the diff with a 60kg person riding a Busa with new mitchy 3's on, verses a bloke whos 120 odd kg riding a 1000 with the same rubber? If both total masses weigh the same how can the tires act diff on a Busa? And hence not covered by insurance if you stack the bike?
I just wish I could wear those 2ct roads out! so I can buy some new sexy soft rubber.
But if you aren't after super soft trackday stuff, then you couldn't go past the Michies. They last forever and have plenty of feel and grip.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Michelin Pures are great, I still have one on the rear. Michelins are always more pointy, especially the fronts. That makes them tip in easily so that are good for going through twisty roads. They give me the shits though when going really slow like filtering or rolling down the driveway because they are so pointy that the front is a bit more wobbly. I cant balance with my feet up at traffic lights with Pures. Frown
There is no problem with the weight of the busa and I like the Pures. I went for a Metzler to try them out. I think I got about 10000km from the pure which is about average for me.
wow, thats good k's, compared to me anyway, i think i might get the pures again, i cant see why they would be a drama on a busa,