Bagster Tank Covers - the results.
I've had to try an edit as I ended up with too many shots of the old girl so I've opted for the shots in the reply post underneath.

Sorry I'm a bit of a techno idiot when it comes to manipulating these images.

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
You no I've always thought about getting one but not sure if I liked the look and was happy to respray tank, but geez, by the look of that tank after all these years max you've almost single handedly sold me...
I've had Bagster tank covers on the last 2 Busas with incredible results. I take the cover off every 12 months or so to clean underneath the cover to get any bits of grit , rocks etc out so they don't rub the paint beneath the cover.

btw - I have no interest in Bagster the company, just love their products.

While the bike is a bit grubby as I'm off her getting some shit done to my foot at the moment, I changed a bearing between the clutch basket and shaft as she had a tick, tick, tick noise at idle with the clutch released and in neutral and took this opportunity to clean the tank. The bike was purchased in June 2006 and while the fairings were all painted when I went to the new colour scheme, I didn't have the tank done as it is pretty well black anyway.

First two picture showing the Bagster tank cover in place.
[Image: 2011-May-BagsterCoveron1.jpg]
[Image: 2011-May-BagsterCoveron2.jpg]

The next shots show the original tank in pretty well pristine condition.

[Image: P1100273.jpg]
[Image: P1100266.jpg]
[Image: P1100271.jpg]
[Image: P1100269.jpg]

[/quote]

They certainly do a good job of keeping the tank paint in good nick don't they. May even help the shithouse resale value we get for our bikes when it comes time to change to the next generation at the time!

Max

Hey BJ, that;s why I thought I had better put the shots up mate, it's just amazing to compare the with to the without shots and then go and have a look at one of our bikes that don't have something like this in place, even after only a couple of years of day to day traffic.

Max
Looking good Max! Your bike is always pristine ;)

What bag do you recommend to use with them? My Kristy has ordered me a bagster tank cover from the UK and it should be here late this week or next week. She didnt order a bag though...

Are the big ones ok to ride with? which do you use and prefer?
Looks sweet Max
Thanks Rob,

Ryan, I have both a larger bag that I use for long over night stays and a smaller bag that I use for work stuff.
Happy to show you them both mate.

Cheers
sure makes the protection of the tank worth putting one on can someone put up the website for them as i might bring one in nothing worse than a scratch on ya tank having the white/blue busa its bad enough with all the stone chips at the bottom of the flairing. Pi_freak does not matter i found their site 136.00pound thats about 260nzd without postage. love the seat covers too but thats another 97pound.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
(16-05-2011, 11:36pm)Madmax Wrote: I've had to try an edit as I ended up with too many shots of the old girl so I've opted for the shots in the reply post underneath.

Max

F#ck Max she's certainly changed since I saw her a few years ago Scary

Nice job!!!
(20-05-2011, 07:47am)tenacious Wrote:
(16-05-2011, 11:36pm)Madmax Wrote: I've had to try an edit as I ended up with too many shots of the old girl so I've opted for the shots in the reply post underneath.

Max

F#ck Max she's certainly changed since I saw her a few years ago Scary

Nice job!!!

Thanks fella, she's a work-in-progress.Coolsmiley

Not finished yet, but then are they ever??

If you asked Bill in Qld if he had finished hois blue when he sold it a few years ago I bet he'd tell you it still has stuff to go!Lol3

It always looks purty!!!
Go hard, or Go home!
You are a devil Missy!