Sydney to Perth on the bike - but not how you think
I've been sitting on this decision for some time now but now I've managed to get the time off I'm putting it out there.

In January next year I'm planning to cycle solo from Sydney to Perth raising money for the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia. All the guys here will hopefully appreciate what this disease is like, and may even have or know someone who has it. The death rate is around the same as that for breast cancer but for whatever reason prostate cancer gets none of the exposure or awareness campaigns that breast cancer does. I'm just hoping to do whatever I can to help that.

To make it a real test of will, stamina and mental toughness I'll be riding solo bar a support vehicle and trying to make it across in under 2 weeks. Having said that this is a charity ride so if you'd like to help me in some way the help is definitely appreciated. Donations to the fund are really what's it all about but as I am cycling if anyone owns or knows someone with a bike shop and can assist with spares, components or even a fully set up loan bike that would great. I have my own race bike and commuter but for nearly 4,000 kms I don't fancy riding either one of them Lol3 As I said we have a support vehicle arranged (campervan) but if someone has or knows someone who would like to donate their Winnebago, etc for a couple of weeks for a good cause it would be nice to have something a little less "rustic" Lol3

I'm in the early stages of organisation but come July when I have some more time to do the planning we'll have a donation fund set up in conjuction with the Prostate Cancer Foundation and all donations will be greatly appreciated.

I'll keep you guys all updated with how plans are going if you like. And if there is any chance of making this a sticky thread then that would be a great help.

Cheers all,
Paul.
paul count me in on the donation mate , exellent work wishing you all the best champion effort to ride all that way for such a worth cause ,

thanks
BK
Just finished writing a post knocking cyclists .. then I read this.
Who feels like a dick now Embarassed
Best of luck mate, and count me in for a donation too ..
Ive had a couple of prostate cancer cases in my family, so I am myself a bit concerned.