Rim Doctor Needed - WA
I unfortunately managed to just clip a rubik's cube size rock which appeared in front of me after the car in front happily drove over it. I managed to avoid it with the front wheel but I felt it big time as the rear just clipped it. The tire is fine but the rim has a sizable bent in it. Where in WA (Perth) could I get this repaired and what would I be looking at dollar wise? Does anyone know?
Where's Ya Snow Plough?
(24-05-2011, 09:53am)Monkeyfish Wrote: I unfortunately managed to just clip a rubik's cube size rock which appeared in front of me after the car in front happily drove over it. I managed to avoid it with the front wheel but I felt it big time as the rear just clipped it. The tire is fine but the rim has a sizable bent in it. Where in WA (Perth) could I get this repaired and what would I be looking at dollar wise? Does anyone know?

I don't know either but if it was me I'd start by talking to Dave at The Bike Doctor (North Perth 9443 2122).

Good luck and please let me know what you find out (might need someone myself one day).

Just a word of caution when it comes to repairing an alloy rim. Pushing the dent out might introduce a micro cracks in it (if the original bump didn't already) and they will propagate slowly as you ride over bumps untill a piece will fall of with a devastating result. It is called a fatigue failure and alloys are very prone to this. That is the reason why alloy rims have a "lifespan" and you can get a cheap second-hand set imported from Japan for your car. Thing is, on the car you have four wheels. Frankly, I rather get a new rim. It is your decision mate, but please consider it. Swann insurance even have a separate policy just for rims and tires for that very reason.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Thanks Guys for the input. As this is not a common occurrence (for me anyway) I am open to all suggestions. I'll investigate further and way up my options. A new rim might be the best and safest way to go. Geeze ..... more $$$$$$$.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Where's Ya Snow Plough?
(24-05-2011, 02:12pm)Monkeyfish Wrote: Thanks Guys for the input. As this is not a common occurrence (for me anyway) I am open to all suggestions. I'll investigate further and way up my options. A new rim might be the best and safest way to go. Geeze ..... more $$$$$$$.
Hey mate put a wanted advert here ,surely somebody will have 1,I personally wouldn't like to have a repaired wheel .

might pay to pm seabreeze he has 1 listed here for $100 not sure if it's sold.

[I just gave it a bump should be one of the first listings now].

Australian Hayabusa Club Forum / Bling Bling Sales Counter / Buy, Swap and Sell / 2002 BUSA WRECKING 27,000kms
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
Pro twin here in Perth can do it. I saw a Ducati rim done through Pro Twin and looked pretty good can get more details if required.

(24-05-2011, 02:12pm)Monkeyfish Wrote: Thanks Guys for the input. As this is not a common occurrence (for me anyway) I am open to all suggestions. I'll investigate further and way up my options. A new rim might be the best and safest way to go. Geeze ..... more $$$$$$$.

Looks like you did a good job Steve! Have heard a place called "Alliance Rim Repairs" do them.
Think they're in Malaga.