ATTN: Owners of a gen1 AND a gen2.....
Bell 
I'm curious if anyone can tell me if the tank on a gen2 busa is exactly the same size and shape as a gen1???? I was of the opinion that they are slightly different....

I know Rod owns both, and there may be a few more members that have both a gen1 AND a gen2....so can anyone tell me if they are the same, or slightly different, please?

The reason I ask is that I ordered a tank cover for my gen1 ('99)....and upon receiving the cover, I notice that it has a tag on it that implies that it fits an '08 model?!? '08 is a gen2 last time I looked.... Wtf Confused Undecided

Any help very much appreciated....Very Happy

Coolsmiley
When I ordered the half tank cover for my 08 it came as a gen 1 part and it fits well but other than that I cant help you much more.
Cheers
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
I'm using a gen 1 cover on my gen 2 , there not quite identical but very close
just stick it up on the shelf, with all the other stuff waiting for fitment, & figure it out Later mate .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
When I ordered tank grips they only had Genl on there website so I called and asked why and was told that the tanks are diff but the rear half is the same shape. Only going off what I was told.
thanks for all the info guys, much appreciated....Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley

They are different, do remember reading it some where. Gen 2 is bit lower then Gen 1 and some of the profiles are different..
From the looks of it - I fail to notice the difference.
Yeah, I thought that was the case, Bill.....my bro had 2 juz like urs and I thought they were shaped slightly different! Maj said he's got a gen1 cover on his gen2....so hopefully it will work the same in opposite for me....or I could juz send it back and get them to ship me what they were supposed to in the first place!!!
(12-06-2011, 07:32pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: just stick it up on the shelf, with all the other stuff waiting for fitment, & figure it out Later mate .

Lol2 Clap Lol2 good one Greeny......poor Bazman copping it from all sides Coolsmiley

(13-06-2011, 07:34am)CeeJay07 Wrote:
(12-06-2011, 07:32pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: just stick it up on the shelf, with all the other stuff waiting for fitment, & figure it out Later mate .
Lol2 Clap Lol2 good one Greeny......poor Bazman copping it from all sides

yeah, i do have a reputation to down-hold, I guess....+ I'd hate to disappoint some of u bitches....so I guess I'll juz "whack it up on the shelf", with all the rest of the accumulated crap!!! Lol3 Pi_tongue Lol3

Tanks are verry close to same size just diferent crease lines

[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Thanks for that visual reference, Rod...muchly appreciated!