Attn Northern members “ Great Northern Adventure 4th to 12th Sept 2011
Awesome stuff guys!
Hope Driller didn't hold you up too much around those corners... LOL
Hope Driller didn't hold you up too much around those corners... LOL

I tried not to pan but sometimes age has to give way to youth

John George and myself are all back in port seen more Police in the last 200ks than the whole 6500ks trip totalPi_thumbsup

What an awesome trip have agree best to date true cannonball stuff going on out there ran out of fuel for the first time full tank 160ks it was all over but I didnt have any fuel management going on thats for sure ended up 10ks short of fuel but i needed rest anywayEmbarassed

Big thanks to everyone for making it one of the best highlight for me as much as i liked running over the Giles & Rex range the run up to Cooktown was outstanding

Pencil me for the next one I think I need a new Busa this ones worn out now Clap
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
Glad you liked it, mate!

It was weird to be following another Busa....

160 k's to a tank!

Ha ha ha ha!

Naughty...!
Trophy for " The Hero of the Trip "

goes to Greeny you
Remind me not to get into a fight with you Pain what pain
Greeny had a spill to hot into the servo( high speed riding for a long time you loose sence of it when time to slow down ) last monday on our way up to Cairns
He was in pain & put up with it all week didnt see a doc.
did the trip headed home them saw the doc wed
he has a spiral fracture of his fibula & had to get straight to the Orthopaedic Surgeons
because he had left it so long. The doc couldnt beleive he put up withthe pain.
Its holding together by a thread of tendon if it lets go the bone will spear out the side of his leg.
They tried to straighten it&cast it but that has failed & now needs an OP to screw it together

Get well soon pal

[Image: SAM_0832.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0865.jpg][Image: SAM_0834.jpg]
[Image: SAM_0799.jpg][Image: SAM_0867.jpg]
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
You da man Greeny get well soon buddy Pi_thumbsup

You know we have footage of it Scary
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
(14-09-2011, 01:12pm)Driller Wrote: You da man Greeny get well soon buddy Pi_thumbsup

You know we have footage of it Scary
Oh yeah Lol2

Good luck with it all buddy!! Probably good thing you didn't go to the doctor when we got there like we all told you to, you wouldn't have been able to do any of those awesome roads Biker Coolsmiley Lol3
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
[Image: SAM_0794.jpg][Image: SAM_0842.jpg]
[Image: b76e01eb-552d-45d5-97df-028004b674c3_zps59f1c171.jpg]

Busa's yeah i guess i like them I've owned a few Pi_tongue
Just got home from hospital with plate and screws and leg in plaster.
just like to thank driller and shredder for putting on a very memorable ride that will be etched in my memory forever.
Also would like to personally thank,
1.Driller for helping me at the driveway entrance to bellyup servo to pick my bike up and help me on to it to get to the bowser to refuel.
2.the legendary white knight and russell{pa king}for the icepack and painkillers so i could get my boot on so i could continue on the ride.
3.Driller again for making hasty repairs to the bike so the steering cleared the fairing.
4.Thanks to all the guys waiting for about an hour while i got my senses back so we could continue to charters towers.
5.Charters towers motel,thanks to the unknown tradie for his battery drill and again Driller for making repairs to the gear change so i could shift gears properly.
6.Again to white knight and russel for more pain killers at the motel.
7.Thanks to Wayne{vnsvle}for assisting me on the job of restoring power to bellyup motel units on the return journey.
8.Just like to thank all the riders for assisting me any way they could so i could complete the ride,thanks fellas.
9.Thanks to Drillers mate from cairns who lent us a vehicle while in cairns to sort out all sorts of bike issues that popped up.
10.Special mention to the sweep rider for trying his best to make sure all the riders made it to each stop,good on you barry for taking that job so seriously.
Another great bike trip was enjoyed by all that went i am sure and great memories with a great bunch of blokes.
To help you with those memories of the trip Greeny , Barry has almost completed making the Dvd set and will be posting them to you and everyone on the trip very soon.
It's going to be a 4 disc set. Barry gave a preview to Shane and myself last night at Breakfast creek. We got 2 discs with another 2 discs coming. This will give you something to watch over and over while you recover. They are fantastic , brings back the magic.
Thanks heaps Barry , a job well done , I'm sure everyone will appreciate your work. Trophy
Cant wait to see them Very Happy
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
You tube!