looking for helmet recommendations
Time to up grade the 10yr old HJC lid,I have been looking at the Shoei helmets which are on special at the moment.Just wondering what is the best lid to go for.
here is one I had in mind.
Thanks Dave
https://www.shoei.com.au/store.php?crn=290&rn=915&action=show_detail
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
Dave,
Try different lids, some fit your head for size some dont. I wont stick to a brand i.e. Shoei is not for my head so I got ARAI

Cheers,
Bill
You have to try them on. Shoei IS for my head, nothing else fits me. Shark's hurt my ears and Arai's have shit field of vision (for me). Go try on every one in the shop.
Hey Dave as the other guys & Gal have mentioned go into a shop and try them on no two helmets are the same.

I personally wear Shoei and keep coming back to Shoei as I seem to be a bit more comfortable & a better fit than others and currently wearing an X11, I have tried AGV & Arai but don't like them.

The only thing that I would highly recommend with a Shoei Helmet make sure it is very snug as they seem to stretch a little more than other brands.

Cheers Rev004
I went to Peter Stevens in Melbourne and tried on pretty much every helmet in the joint and came out with a ARAI. I've always worn shoei!
Good snug fit very easy on the head as in movement left to right up and down and good vision!
Woman,where's my wallet?
And whats for tea?
i have 3 shoei`s and a shark very happy with them all
my pick is the shoei but on a budget the shark is awsome
Helmets are very much a personal choice for fit thats for sure I always thought Shoei was the way to go had 3 of them in recent times then an AGV all top of line lids.

But its not until you find the one that makes the others well seem ordinary
this is my current lid all i can say is Sensational
http://www.bikebiz.com.au/products/Shark...elmet.html
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
(28-06-2011, 04:55pm)Gassick Wrote: I went to Peter Stevens in Melbourne and tried on pretty much every helmet in the joint and came out with a ARAI. I've always worn shoei!
Good snug fit very easy on the head as in movement left to right up and down and good vision!

DITTO
I was the same with Shoei but just bought a Arai fit & comfort is great

Also as stated you must go into a shop and try them on no two helmets are the same even they be marked / look the same
Those Sharks are getting great reviews. I must go and try one. It says in the blurb that their field of vision is better too.
(28-06-2011, 07:03pm)Heidi1 Wrote: Those Sharks are getting great reviews. I must go and try one. It says in the blurb that their field of vision is better too.

Heidi do you have to have the Snell rating for the track like we do
ok Thanks everyone Pi_thumbsup
Seems like a good excuse for a ride to the big smoke Lol3
I hadn't heard of shark before, the main thing I want besides comfort of course is less wind noise [exhaust noise is fine].
Cheers Dave
I've had 2 Sharks and this will be my 3rd when it comes in at the end of July.

[Image: HE4230EKSK-1.JPG]
[Image: aaaaabusatattoo.jpg]
(28-06-2011, 03:19pm)Bill Gaheer Wrote: Dave,
Try different lids, some fit your head for size some dont. I wont stick to a brand i.e. Shoei is not for my head so I got ARAI

Cheers,
Bill

+1. the Shoei X11 Fit's my noggin perfectly. I try'd alot befor i bought it.
I was just reading a comparison on shark helmets and found this comment.
I absolutley loved loved loved my Shark RSR2 except for one thing. The giant central vent would send chunks of chopped up living bugs into my hair and down into my face. [Image: 836f41c5.gif] [Image: 836f41c5.gif]
Whoops. That can't be good.